like a stutter

dazzamac

when i accelerate to bought 4k, the car kinda stutters, it's once at a time but it's a big enough tutter to give u whiplash! Read before that ppl say the car does things like this because of the cold air, but i dunno, really dont feel right

djdoc360

i had a similer problem. it turned out to be the spark plugs were cheep and had heat damage.so i bought higher temp ones fix it.

J

justin666

I would go with plugs dude.

Do you know what grade you are using? Wrong grade, to much boost, blown out spark and stutter. Alternatively, take out the leads and check your plugs wells aint full of water as this can cause the same symptom.

Whats with blaming the cold weather anyway? Mine goes like stink with all the cold about and certainly doesnt stutter :thumbsup:

J.

djdoc360

if anything the cold air comming is making your car make more hp wich makes more heat in each cylinder therfor burning up the low end spark plugs.

J

justin666

OK... Confused.!

I may be missing something obvious here...

BUT...

IF, My intercooler is colder with all this chilly dense winter air going through it Thus making my intake temp LOWER, how can my engine be making more heat?!?!?!? :lol:

On the same reverse theory then in the summer my engine is running super cold :lol: :lol: :lol:

J.

djdoc360

cooler air produces a more powerful bang. that why cars run better in the cold....more powerful bang = hotter cylinder.

tomble

Thats not correct, mate.

The cooler air on the outside will result in a higher oxygen concentration to the air being forced into the engine (it will be denser), resulting in more power combustion cycles thus more power and a cooler charge temperature (prolonging engine life)

Make sense?

Tom

tomble

it just means that the temperature of the air at the inlet manifold will be cooler.. there are several ways to achieve this, i.e. frontmount, water injection etc etc

Tom

dazzamac

i already got a front mount ic, and it's group 8 ngk iriduims, been in the car since last summer, just a pain in the ass as i wanna take it to crail bout the start of april, but no point if its goin to be doin this. Think it could be over boostin tho, but i've got a boost controller, but it's never switched on, boost is shootin upto 0.9bar without the controller.

J

justin666

tomble said:
Thats not correct, mate.

The cooler air on the outside will result in a higher oxygen concentration to the air being forced into the engine (it will be denser), resulting in more power combustion cycles thus more power and a cooler charge temperature (prolonging engine life)

Tom
Thankyou ;-)