Lightweight 15's

G

GTiRich

Hi. Since my 17's have been ruined by a pot hole i guess i'll need some alloys. Gonna go for 15's this time coz 17"s were too harsh plus the turning circle was hooge. Can anyone recommend any decent lightweight ones. I was looking at Konig heliums (7.5kgs fo 17's) but i dont think they come that small. What sort of weight would be classed as lightweight also? Cheers for any help,
Rich

S

Sirnixalot

i feel light weigh is 1lb per inch.....15inch wheel that weighs 15lbs or about 6-7kg

NISR227

I use 15 inch OZ Superlegeras and they weigh just 4.9kg each without the tyres. Felt far lighter than even the standard 14s when they wer replaced at the time, and any garage that takes them off always comment that they weight F*** all!

kyepan

i put the old wheels that came on the car from japan back on, they weigh about 4.9 kgs..
perhaps you should ask around for anyone with any old wheels in their garage that came off the r.. most of them are ugly.. but well light.

G

GTiRich

i got standar ones back on at the mo. I'd love a set of racing harts but my pockets arent quite that deep. I think i'm swaying towards Konig heliums. Anythoughts??? I did think OZ superL's but i see a lot of them about and i've never seen konig wheels about

G

GTiRich

They are seriously sweet 8) gutted i cant work out how much they are though. Probably cant afford them anyway. Bloody council better give me lots of money

kyepan

they work out at about 220 a peice i think... ahem.. i did the conversion last night, but can't remember quite how much

N

Ninja_tune_factory

sorry to jack his post but wat are the biggist brackes you can fit under 15" iv got 15 oz racing rims there also very light but dont no how much ,

J

J-GTi-R

lionel_white_R said:
sorry to jack his post but wat are the biggist brackes you can fit under 15" iv got 15 oz racing rims there also very light but dont no how much ,
280-285mm disks with decent 4-pots. You have to make sure the wheels clear the side of the calipers though, as it can get a bit tight on some wheels.

ian c

brakes

i'm running 295mm discs under my 15's......with 200sx 4 pots.
i did the setup myself, caliper runs about 5mm from the rim, and about 3mm off the spokes......superb!
had to run a spacer tho - as said by J-GTI-R, due to packaging.

no probs tho.

J

J-GTi-R

Yeah it really depends on the wheel. I knew from the outset I was going for big brakes so got the 15in Compomotive MOs specifically for the brake clearance. Some people have to use spacers, some have shaved bits off the calipers, but I have about 15mm of space left even with the Wilwoods on.

G

GTiRich

may have to pad out my claim so i can afford a set of those gorgeous rims them :wink:

G

GTiRich

Nah dont worry I aint. Just want the money for correctin the damage caused and the cost of my old alloys which were ruined :D . Dont want them to run outta cash in case it happens to anyone else here :cry: .

G

GTiRich

Right does anyone know where i can get a set of these sweet viper r puppies? I keep checking out the link but for the life of me i just cant figure out what it says. Searched the net for hours and all it turns up is lists of wheel weights. Thanks for all ya help

J

jaigtir

I was looking at them too, but i think they only sell them in japan. also i think the offsets are wrong for us :?

G

GTiRich

Oh Bollox :cry: back to the drawing board it is then. GRR never gonna find new alloys