leda coilovers??

S

str_motorsport

hi, i was searching for a coilover kit for the gti-r.... i know tein are good, but what about leda kits???is it possible to fit teint top mounts with leda dampers??what about the whiteline kit??
any info??

Cris

Leda have a website listing a couple of options for coil-over type e.g. gas etc.

I believe that the Whiteline kit uses Koni inserts into the stock dampers. I think I read that they have 2.25" kit in development but could be making that up...

O

Olly

My mates got Leda coilovers on his R and we have had major trouble sorting out a reliable top mounts for them, Leda seem to be unable to help, Shame cos would rather buy British :cry:

G

gtirron

I HAVE LEDA COILOVERS WITH FRONT TOPMOUNT, THEY ARE COMING OFF THE CAR SOON DUE TO THEM BEING WAT TO HARD FOR LOCAL B ROADS, ON FLAT ROADS THEY ARE SUPER BUT JUST NOT ENOUGH FLAT ROADS IN SCOTLAND.

P

Phil_d74

coilovers

I have just had a set of coilovers custom made by a company in London. Have you guys with Leda's had any knocking noise from the top mounts? Olly what was the problem your mate had???

If I can solve this problem then the kit I have had are excellent, british made and well priced. :shock:

S

SunnyGTIR

Olly said:
My mates got Leda coilovers on his R and we have had major trouble sorting out a reliable top mounts for them, Leda seem to be unable to help, Shame cos would rather buy British :cry:
I have Leda coilovers with front Tein top mounts and dont have any problems, only had the mounts on a couple of months though.
Olly, what problems are you having?

P

Phil_d74

Ron are the tein top mounts pillow ball? I have standard ones on and they are making a fair bit of noise. Did you have your leda's on without the tein topmounts at any time? also how much where the top mounts?

Phil

S

SunnyGTIR

Phil_d74 said:
Ron are the tein top mounts pillow ball? I have standard ones on and they are making a fair bit of noise. Did you have your leda's on without the tein topmounts at any time? also how much where the top mounts?

Phil
Yes, they are pillowball mounts(adjustable camber). I bought them second hand but they were still unused in their box.
I had the Ledas with the standard top mounts for a while but one of the mounts was knackered and clunking which is why I bought the Teins.
I know Hiteq sell the Teins for about £185 +VAT if thats any help.
What noise r u getting? I can now feel bumps in the road a lot more cos the mounts are solid but thats it.

D

disco dave

im after bbuying some secondhand coilovers if anybodys selling some
07985467926 dave

P

Phil_d74

The noise is clicking and clunking hard to explain but particularly if turning right and when driving over uneven surfaces ie broken tarmac.

i am in discussion/argueing with the manufacturor as to why this is happening :?

I am not too impressed but understand that the suspension is in development however I am fed up being the guinea pig! :p

kyepan

Perhaps you might want to check out the sub frames.. somtimes they have problems if repeatidly driven hard over rough tarmac.. do a search for it.. just somthing i herd on a post ages ago, may be of no use though.

P

Phil_d74

Certain that the problem is nothing other than the strut, this is because I already have Gab Rally fronts and when they are in place there is no noise at all. It would appear to have to be the top mount as the manufacturor has tested the struts on a dyno and there is no noise in the the shock absorber.