larger turbo fitment

ohc_turbo

Hi

i have a very rare bluebird sss which shares the same engine as the pulsar apart from it has 1 tb and it comes with a T25G instead of a T28H

the question is my turbo is gone and i have a weird hybrid spare which is t28H exhaust and a t3 compressor

can it fit on the standard manifold as it seems that the t25g is domn close to the gearbox and the t3 comressor is way bigger..

what do you guys do to get larger turbos on standard manifolds

i assume that the tubular upgrade mani ones leave turbo in same position apart from the upswept ones?

any help apprieciated

ta

Animaldaz

You can use a spacer between the head and manifold to gain clearance, but sometimes a touch of grinding is required.

ohc_turbo

that would make sense, that would involve larger studs and such like, who sells the kit?

what the actual deal with the 200sx manifold as that would do the job, it seems that i have 9" of clearance between my rad and head and i measured my 100nx which is basically the same as the pulsar and its 8"
it may be possible to fit one if it isnt that bad?

ohc_turbo

does anyone know a price and where i can get the manifold spacer from? it seems like this is my only option??

Trip

i don't think there is an OFF-THE-SHELF product for what you are looking for. You have to DIY.

others who went this route can verify please. Otherwise, change the turbo for one with a "pulsar-friendly-fitment" label on it :)

ohc_turbo

cheers for info, custom job, custom £££ job then i do know a 3d cad guy and his mate has a CNC machine so may be possible if someones got the file that they have made before?? slim but it seems in pics that a lot of high power r's with monster like gt3071R have a top mount manifold which would be custom downpipe etc but more than likely a s series top mount can be used as really what would be the point of changing the design? is this workable?

ive been doing some researching and the engine that i have got uses a exhaust manifold that tucks in more than a gtir so even if i get a gt28rs i cant fit it under, you may have though that was impossible but no, nissan did it!. The aussie when using my engine have to get a gtir mani as it spaces it out more and fits but i still dont think it will be enough for my application.

ive figured that reason why rwd mani is no good is gtir and bluebird sss 4x4 applications as they have the turbo wrong way so it naturally does not tuck under as it would if the downpipe came out the passenger side.. i may be able to use the rwd as i have a teeny bit more room but it would be smack right up to the rad and ill have to get some aftermarket kenlowes infront of rad to make space and also mod the front section of exhaust which is aggro so no go.

im stumped at the moment as there is no precise info on the net, it may be so as not many peeps go more that a gt28rs as its good for 280bhp+ and tbh thats more enough for street and it fits so only a few have come to this prob.

cheers

Neil