knock sensor

ashills

i know its been talked about alot but does it actually affect the car when its showing a fault code for it:
ie does it retard the ignition or anything as its showing on mine and im about to have the car set up on dyno so has it def . gotta be done first

AshBhp

To right its got be done first, dont even bother with a dyno set up till its done.
ur code should be 3 and 4 for Knock sens. If so ur ECU goes into safe mode :cry:

ashills

yeah did that yesterday but still returns
ill order a knock sensor on monday anywhere in particular to get them from

GINGA

before buying a new det sensor £186 :shock: try giving the wiring a wiggle and making sure theres no bad connections in any of the loom plugs :wink: you'll be hard pressed to actually get to the det sensor but just try wiggling the wiring loom as close as possible to it

AshBhp

Det sens available from Nissan only.

The job should take no more than 3hrs( some one with experience 1hr) and done from underneath car.
Intercooler has to come of, oil filter and the 'Y 'bracket(which is the only thing stopping u to get at det sens) sort of above oil filter.

Davey

as ginger said, it may be the wiring to the sensor, rather than the sensor itself, best to get both sorted at the same time(dont listen to me though, ive had my car for 2 1/2 years, and still ahvent got it fixed!) :shock:

A

Anonymous

i've had my R for nearly a year and i have had nothing wrong with it so never really had to do a diagnostics in it, but i decided to do one anyway. And to my surprise i get 2 errors, AFM and knock sensor. FUnnily enough the has feels fine, power, driveability, boost, everything is beautiful.

On the manual it says you will get an error not only when the sensor is stuffed, but when the ECU gets a lower or hiegher than usual voltage. What im going to do is re-ground the AFM, hopefully this should clear up the problem and improve my fuel economy (a OZ member got an extra 80kms per tank just grounding his AFM). As for the knock sensor im gonna pull the connector out and clean all metal connections and replace it and make sure its nice and tight.

Gino

N

NickB

Ginga,

sorry to sound like a prat, but where am I looking to 'wiggle the wiring loom' for this????
I've only had the pulsar 3.5 years so still getting used to it!!!

Idiots guide is always useful!!

Nick

A

Anonymous

you get access to the DET Sensor from underneath the car, you might need to remove front section of exhaust, driver's side drive shaft, and oil filter to get your hands in there, but if you have the big Y bracket removed (thank goodness i removed it when i changed the clutch) then its right on the block above the starter motor, cant remember the connector's color but once you'll see it you will know which one it is, cant miss it

Gino