Just got back from going on a Dyno Dynamics Dyno and am pretty damn chuffed :)

youngsyp

MarkTurbo said:
Those power & torque figures seem spot on to me for 1.2 bar and those mods. Anyone that thinks a T28 is going to make a lot more at that boost level is either dreaming or spending too much time taking notice of 'generous' rollers ;-)
When I had mine dyno'd, on a reputable dyno, everyone elses figures were what they expected from memory, and some we're actually down on power, from what they thought they'd make.
So, that generalisation you've made isn't reality, in my case.

Mine made 318 bhp (249 bhp at the wheels) and 293 lb's/ft of torque at 1.1 bar (1.15 Kg's/mm) of boost.
The only mods I have, engine wise, are a 3" elbow, into 3" downpipe, into 2.5" system, from the flexi back. A Blitz SUS air filter kit and as mentioned, peak boost set to 1.15 Kg's/mm. I have done a few bits to improve the intake path though.

That's still with the stock TMIC and T28 turbo. If you do a search for the last Surrey Rolling Road day, you'll see the graphs.

So again, with the mods coffey has, specifically the FMIC, 1.2 bar of peak boost and the remapped ecu, he should be achieving better figures !

I do agree with Andy above though, and figures never tell the whole story and, don't really mean much on the road.
And I'll add that I only went on the dyno, to see how my AFR's were as, i'd done these modifications but, not had them checked in the past. It turned out that I was running lean, or so the print out showed.....

Paul

C

Coffey

Yea I agree with what was asid about it being better if the car is running right rather than BHP figures thats the main reason I went there just to amke sure the engine was healthy and it is :) it is fueling perfectly and the guy doing it said it is perfect wich was great to hear:) Im not to interested in the power it makes on the dyno as I love it and love how it drives so all in all am very happy with the car.

Dan

youngsyp

Coffey said:
Im not to interested in the power it makes on the dyno as I love it and love how it drives so all in all am very happy with the car.

Dan
That's the important thing matey. Now get out and drive it. ;-)

Paul

nismoboy

Im with mark on this one, in all honesty a t28 aint gonna do much over 300 hp no matter how much boost u through at it, it just cant flow enough air, if u wanna believe the high hp figures some people achive from rr then thats up to u but ur just kidding yourself.

antgtir

nismoboy said:
Im with mark on this one, in all honesty a t28 aint gonna do much over 300 hp no matter how much boost u through at it, it just cant flow enough air, if u wanna believe the high hp figures some people achive from rr then thats up to u but ur just kidding yourself.

Im not being funny but out of interest, what are you basing your theory on? In the absence of a rolling road how do you know what the car is achieving?

Im no expert in this so maybe there are techniques im not aware of, wouldn't be the first time lol :lol:

Ant.

noriek2003

a t28 comp wheel will flow approx 31 lbs/min

accepted thought is 9-10 hp per every 1lbs/min which gives you a maximum of 310hp. There are other things that will effect that figure but anything way over 330-340 is probably going to be a worthless figure if you're using a t28

Last edited:

nitrosgti-r

hi, i dont mean to crash the post but i notice you are running an rps max street clutch and would like to know what you think of it? How does it feel under foot? heavy? How does it hold the power?

Just asking cos i might get one?

Cheers

C

Coffey

nitrosgti-r said:
hi, i dont mean to crash the post but i notice you are running an rps max street clutch and would like to know what you think of it? How does it feel under foot? heavy? How does it hold the power?

Just asking cos i might get one?

Cheers
Hi mate, the clutch feels heavy but once your used to it I think its great and it seems to handle the power very well.

J

justin666

How come the car never get this much attention when I owned it!?!?!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

As ALREADY said, the car was never built to be a big power R hence why is has a pretty conservative spec.. It may well be remapped with a slightly uprated tubby and FMIC etc but it was setup and mapped quite conservatively so it delivers the power really well and has reliability to boot. I was never one for BHP pub bragging rights, proved it on the road (private ones of course!) time and time again. My S15 will be built the same way, altho it will probably try to kill me in the process!!!!! :twisted:

During the 7 years i owned it the only issues were standard wear and nothing engine related. Proof that even after all this time it still fuels perfectly, makes really good RELIABLE power and drives so well :thumbsup:

I still want it back Dan ;-) ;-) ;-)

J.

C

Coffey

Lol Tuff mate you cant have her shes mine ;) Na mate if I do ever decide to sell her you will be the first to know :) But thats not likely as I love her :)

As Justin has said im alot more interested in making sure the car is running sweet and has no issues than BHP as she is pleanty quick enough. I just want her to be reliable like she has been the past 8 years.

Oh by the way Jusin I only read half that txt you sent me last night then my phone decided it would delete your message lol, so what did you say? I got up 2 the bit where you said you were trying to convince your girlfriend to go to jap fest lol :)

Dan