Just got back from going on a Dyno Dynamics Dyno and am pretty damn chuffed :)

C

Coffey

Well I have just been on a dyno Dynamics Rolling road near me and had afew runs and I have to say Im pretty damn chuffed with my results:) I was aiming for 300+BHP and managed to get 312.4BHP with 291fFtLb at 1.2Bar :) so all in all a very happy man.
Here is my Graph for you all to see :)

C

Coffey

thanks guys

this is the Mods she has :)

Turbo Technics Super Hybrid T28 Turbo
Forge Front intercooler
HKS Down pipe to Mongoose system
HKS Induction
HKS Super Sequential Twin piston Dump valve
PLMS Developments chipped ECU (1.2bar map)
Apexi AVCR Electronic Boost Controller (1bar & 1.2bar)
Walbro Pump
RPS Max Street Organic Clutch

antgtir

KF79GTIR said:
Have you lost your glasses then Ant? It says in his spec list forge intercooler.

Kev
:lol: oh dear visit to the opticians then, ill just get my coat :lol:

I personally (no offence intended) would have expected more power and torque from that spec list and boost, maybe its the turbo holding things back a little?

My cousin's R had 363bhp and the same torque at 1.25bar standard internals etc.

Regardless of all that, well done for what you have achieved. :thumbsup:

Ant.

J

justin666

antgtir said:
:lol: oh dear visit to the opticians then, ill just get my coat :lol:

I personally (no offence intended) would have expected more power and torque from that spec list and boost, maybe its the turbo holding things back a little?

My cousin's R had 363bhp and the same torque at 1.25bar standard internals etc.

Regardless of all that, well done for what you have achieved. :thumbsup:

Ant.
Shut it you tart :lol: :lol: :lol:

The turbo will indeed be holding things back as the TT Super Hybrid is only a smidge more efficient than the stock T28 but i good chunk more reliable ;-) Also take into account standard injectors and Maf and its not a bad result really :thumbsup:

One thing I can vouch for tho is how bloody well the car delivers the power, after all I did drive it every day for seven years and it was never built be to a big power beastie, Just a fun weeee beastie :thumbsup:

Well done Dan :thumbsup:

J

(sorry, I just cant help but stick up for my old car ;-) )

C

Coffey

LOL cheers Justin:) Well i know i was very please with it so thats all that matters and I know how well it puts the power down 2 :) such a fun car to drive. When I get abit more money I will put a new elbow/downpipe on it and then see what i get :) Its going into the body shop on monday for a week though to have the arches re-done and all the bodywork brought back up 2 new :) cant wait:) it will look lovely for Jap Fest:)

soin

hi coffey . how did you find alan jeffery ? have you used him before?
i take it you are quite local to him , where abouts are ya mate ?

antgtir

justin666 said:
Shut it you tart :lol: :lol: :lol:

The turbo will indeed be holding things back as the TT Super Hybrid is only a smidge more efficient than the stock T28 but i good chunk more reliable ;-) Also take into account standard injectors and Maf and its not a bad result really :thumbsup:

One thing I can vouch for tho is how bloody well the car delivers the power, after all I did drive it every day for seven years and it was never built be to a big power beastie, Just a fun weeee beastie :thumbsup:

Well done Dan :thumbsup:

J

(sorry, I just cant help but stick up for my old car ;-) )
oh dear that explains alot then :p :lol: ;-)

Defo the turbo, maf and injectors will be able to take more. The turbo replacement would be the best upgrade.

Very good results none the less 8)

Ant.

C

Coffey

soin said:
hi coffey . how did you find alan jeffery ? have you used him before?
i take it you are quite local to him , where abouts are ya mate ?
Hi mate, I found them to be nice blokes It was his son that did my car for me on the day but I spoke to Alan aswell and both were top blokes. I have never used them before this was my first time going there but would recomend them for just a quick go on the rolling road like I did definatly :) Plus the Dyno Dynamics rolling roads like they have are suppose to be the most accurate in the UK.

Im live about an hour away from where they Dyno is mate down near a town called tiverton if you know where that is? its about 25mins away from exeter,why do you ask? take it ur local to me then?

dan

youngsyp

antgtir said:

Ant.
I'd agree with you there Ant.

Mine made more than that with what amounts to an large bore exhaust, open cone filter and 1.1 bar of boost. And that was on Surrey Rolling Roads Dyno Dynamics rollers.

You have the front mount, a remapped ecu and 1.2 bar of boost... oh, and the 'super hybrid' turbo. I'd expect 330 bhp plus from that, with 310 or more lb's/ft of twist.

I don't mean to be on a downer but, there should be more in there !

It's a good start though.

What power did it make at the wheels ?

Paul

Last edited:
C

Coffey

youngsyp said:
I'd agree with you there Ant.

Mine made more than that with what amounts to an large bore exhaust, open cone filter and 1.1 bar of boost. And that was on Surrey Rolling Roads Dyno Dynamics rollers.

You have the front mount, a remapped ecu and 1.2 bar of boost... oh, and the 'super hybrid' turbo. I'd expect 330 bhp plus from that, with 310 or more lb's/ft of twist.

I don't mean to be on a downer but, there should be more in there !

It's a good start though.

What power did it make at the wheels ?

Paul
Well what would you say is holding me back then as my turbo is just the same as the standard just more reliable as has been said so with these mods if your saying I should be making this power then why arnt I?

To be honest i am very happy with the car anyway but any extra horses I can get wold be great :) Just cant spend to much on her at the mo as shes is getting alot spent on her this month :)

MarkTurbo

Those power & torque figures seem spot on to me for 1.2 bar and those mods. Anyone that thinks a T28 is going to make a lot more at that boost level is either dreaming or spending too much time taking notice of 'generous' rollers ;-)

Just for example ive seen a dyno printout for 330bhp for a 1 bar R with just an air filter/exhaust & still using the top mount intercooler :lol: Just because the rollers say its 330bhp dosent mean it actually is ;-)

C

Coffey

Yea exactually there are alot of dodgy rollers that will give you a high BHP figure but I was informed that the Dyno Dynamics ones are by far the most accurate so I went on 1 of them and thats the figure I got which im pretty happy with espically as I was told they often will give you a much lower BHP than other Dyno's but they are the most accurate. Alot of other Dynos will give you a higer BHP figure but they are nowhere near as accurate.

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
Bhp isn't the most important thing, what is more important it’s that there is no detonation in the engine and the fuelling is right. :)

Let me put it this way, have the car dyno'd, it might make 300bhp on the read out but honestly it could only be making 250bhp.
Spend your money on the car, tuning it up etc and then go back to the same dyno (if possible same kind of weather conditions) and have it tested again.

This time it says 350bhp, but again it’s honestly making 300bhp.
Ok in the pub it sounds great, but you do know that you've gained a realistic 50bhp from last time and most important the fuelling it right and there is no detonation.

Take the bhp figures with a pinch of salt and concentrate on making sure the engine is doing the right things ;-)
I use DD, but I still hold reservations about the figures, I also look at everything else they can offer

Last edited: