Just fit a BOV - now have much too much boooost!

mattygti-r

where that pipe is that the recirc valve sits in, you put the BOV in that one

and bung the other pipe back to air intake

also that bov wont dump until you give it a good run to start with

the springs in them take a while to ease in :wink:

S

Stoned

I plugged in the wrong pipe lol. I plugged in that breather pipe which was why I had unlimited booost :oops:

So anyhow I solved that and boost is now normal, but i've just been 20 miles on the motorway constantly blipping the throttle and there is still no hiss.

Here are some pics. My only concern here is I have bunged up the wrong pipe.
If someone could answer in plain english for me using the original recirculating DV as a reference
1) Small pipe at the top
2) Medium pipe in the middle
3) Large pipe at the bottom

small pipe I connected to small connector, medium pipe I bunged up and large pipe I connected to the BOV

Is that correct?

Pics to help

I get no hiss, just chatter. Car runs fine however.

mattygti-r

yeah that seems fine

them bovs, ive got one on my car asy ou konw

it takes a while for it to ease in, it took 1bar of boost for mine to go tssh first time,

keep bliping it it goes from a chatter to a ttttshhhhhh

let us know how you get on :wink:

F

flying postman

i had mine fitted about two weeks ago (this BOV's are common as muck now thanks alot matty lol) mine started dumping straight away on the A10 but u do need to give it some to get it going :wink:

S

Stoned

Yeah I was, I had it in 4th along the motorway to keep the revs above 4k and was blipping all the way but didnt get anything.

Will see how it goes, maybe it will just suddenly work

geetee

Maybe the spring is too hard in it?
What boost are you running?

Anyway... when I plugged my gearbox breather like this and left the lil vac pipe floating about... I was out for the 1st run and came across a Merc S500 on German plates that needed killing.

With the unlimited boost I fooked off damn quickly - til I noticed even the aftermarket gauge was off the scale.

When I came to the end of the bit of dual carriageway... the car nearly stalled... then as I set off onto the roundabout a huge cloud of dense white smoke emitted from the exhaust.... (made the car behind have to wait for about 30 seconds so he could see...) and the car wouldn;t go over about 2K and was missing ang kangerooing and blowing dense smoke....

I thought I'd totally shagged it. Anyway - limped it home and there was gear oil splattered all over the inside of the engine bay... it had syphoned up the breater to be ejected from the DV and dumped in the inlet. Was fine after a few miles after the pipes were in the right place...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

mattygti-r

im on standard boost, so is postman

the spring inside does dump on standard boost, just hope youve plugged everything in ok

it takes a while for it to dump :lol:

i ran 1bar thou it on a 200sx then put it on mine :)