just another gearbox issue...

A

Anonymous

hey all i'm completely new here, and may seem strange to post here as i don't have a gtir, but i have a u13 bluebird attesa sss. for those that don't know (i'm sure most do) it's sr20det awd bluebird.

anyway i was hoping some people here know some stuff about these cars, as surely they share some similarity. my gear changes have gotten i guess less smooth, kinda feel a knock in the stick going into third sometimes, and twice now it wouldn't go into first until i got off/on the clutch and selected another gear first.

there are dog gear sets available for the gtir but i have no idea whether they'd go in my gearbox, or maybe it's even the same gearbox!?!? crap all info on my car on the internet. so i'm prepared to get a box rebuild, but don't really wanna bother unless i'm strengthening it.

also, could my problem be the linkages? it started happening not long after a fast shift, and i've heard they're weak? it's far beyond my knowledge how to get to them, i'm far from a mechanic.

great forums and site by the way! already been helpful just browsing, having a somewhat similar car and all.

ps. i'll grab some photos of the box, it may prove to be completely different (i hope not).