Jobs to do when fitting new clutch?

Davey

As above, what could/should my mechanic do when he changes my clutch, was thinking about gearbox oil(you can get more of the old oil out)

What about the idle controls on the back of the engine, will these be easy to get to, am thinking of cleaning/replacing, what do i need and how much are they?
Am also going to get my knock sensor rewired, to hopefully solve a problem ive had for the past 3 years! :cry:
Anything else?
Cheers, Dave :)

F

Fizzy

I take it he's dropping the engine? If so, check your alternator bolts too. :)

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Water pump, det sensor, starter motor, clutch master cylinder, clutch operating cylinder, engine mounts.
Any of those that you think might not last too long.

A

Anonymous

sheesh i just paid you for something else!!! Well the reason I was thinking of getting a new one is the fact only getting .5 boost when the car is warmed up...

did the ecu test and it came back with det sensor failure...j-gtir advised a new sensor...

As I'm having my clutch changed out I figured I could do it at the same time..

Also the car is going for a tune though with the unchip so you think that will sort the prob and save me the cost of a new sensor?

Si..

starter motor,

its possible to change it with the engine in place but its a complete f**k on (trust me i know), quite simple with the engine out tho. :wink:

skiddusmarkus

Unichip might sort it as a better map could stop the det.It will be at the expense of power and torque though as they will retard ignition accordingly but still better than det and a dead engine.

Mr GTiR

Fast Guy said:
Water pump, det sensor, starter motor, clutch master cylinder, clutch operating cylinder, engine mounts.
Any of those that you think might not last too long.
anything else mate? i may as well go for a new engine! :shock:

Websnowbo

If it were me i'd replace the seals in the clutch master cylinder and replace any dodgy lookin steering gater's and i had to replace a power steering pipe on one of mine as it looked a bit worn. If you have a local autoelectrician i suppose you could get the starter checked but that's taking it a bit far i suppose. :shock:

kyepan

u could take the air con out, as the compressor weighs quite a bit, and the aircon rad sits right in the way of the proper rad.. so the car will run cooler... more power.. he he he.

you can get a brand new knock sensor from mike at MJP auto.

Ditto on the waterpump, starter motor, etc etc. all that stuff that is a night mare to get to when the engine is in.