je pistons quicky

pesh90

turbodaily said:
They will fit dan you just have to get a bit cut out for the oil squiters,.. personally I'd rather get the CP Pistons and pay that little bit extra ;)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CP-P...ryZ33623QQihZ008QQitemZ180164346453QQtcZphoto

pesh90

turbodaily said:
so arent there any pistons that just plonk straight in without having to make cut outs for oil squirts?
Not that I know off but someone with more knowledge might be able to answer this better..All the pistons i've had (HKS, JE, and CP) :oops: all have had to be cut for the oil squirters

turbodaily

have heard wiseco started doing them with cutouts. but i want JE's as have heard good things about them. also they do tehm in a lower compression than most other brands like wiseco etc

pesh90

turbodaily said:
have heard wiseco started doing them with cutouts. but i want JE's as have heard good things about them. also they do tehm in a lower compression than most other brands like wiseco etc
You can get various pistons with different compression ratios coming from 8:5:1, 10:5:1, 9:1, 9:0:1.. So don't think JE have anything different than that lot..

turbodaily

yeah the je are 8.5.1, im buying majority of bits from erics performance in the u.s, and he doesnt sell any other pistons with 8.5.1 comp. il get the old man to do the cut outs on the mill. ;-)

azboy

my weisco didnt need machining, and mine were standard 8.3 compression as far as i can remember.

P

pulsarboby

weisco's will drop straight in without machining & so will cp's and i believe hks also will.
dont know about any other makes but cp and weisco are straight fit for sure.

erics does do other makes with different comps unless my cp's are not 9:1:-D

Last edited by a moderator:
S

str_motorsport

JE and WISECO will go in without any mod and I am not sure about the CP, but heard some confusing opinions, so went for JE.
Pay attention with that bloke...
after having spent at least 3000$ in his shop, i have bought 8 rocker arms...but he sent only 6 and not for the gti-r but for the S14...i have sent several mail to him but had no luck.
so yes i also suggested other people to buy from him, but if he does not solve the problem i will not recommend him again...
I will let you know if he replies to my mails...