JE piston rings help!!!

nitrosgti-r

OK, iv ordered some JE 87mm piston rings from a bloke in the US (eric's perfomance parts) But the rings are too pissin thin!!!!???

The pistons came with the engine and the engine was built by Norris Designs. I emailed Norris Designs a while back to find out what pistons they were and he said they were JE but modded by them.

I have emailed him since but have had no answer as yet?

ANYBODY know where i can get a set of 87mm JE piston rings that measure 1.5 thick (the 2 top compression rings) and 4mm (the oil ring at the bottom)

J

jpward

nitrosgti-r said:
OK, iv ordered some JE 87mm piston rings from a bloke in the US (eric's perfomance parts) But the rings are too pissin thin!!!!???

The pistons came with the engine and the engine was built by Norris Designs. I emailed Norris Designs a while back to find out what pistons they were and he said they were JE but modded by them.

I have emailed him since but have had no answer as yet?

ANYBODY know where i can get a set of 87mm JE piston rings that measure 1.5 thick (the 2 top compression rings) and 4mm (the oil ring at the bottom)

Eric is your man but JE are proving to be difficult to atain the correct things from!

nitrosgti-r

ah yes im the twin brother lol :D

Yes they are proving hard but the sales team are being good so far but its only a matter of time till they lose patients i recon and tell me to **** off lol

The thing is there over in the US. It would be lovely if some one could get off there fat ass and go check with a pissin micromiter for me.

Im a hgv driver and even i would do that the lazy sods lol

nitrosgti-r

thanks for that pointer mate, i have sent them an email. they have them it seems but how much? Iv been quoted 98.11 + vat + delivery which i thought was a bit of a laugh but if i have to pay that then so be it.

Oh and by the way, im NOT foreign etc etc so feel free to help out a fellow GTI-R owner in distress (or am i not good enough?

never mind