Japshow Report

boucherie

Well thats the season done with for another year, and with regard to the R's it was our best ever turn out collectively as i stopped counting at 65!! the weather held off and it was nice and cool which may well have helped with the quick times down the strip.
i must admit i didnt see many R's go down the strip and the ones i did were posting early 13second passes which is more than respectable for a reasonably tuned motor.

ive attached a few pics more as proof than anything that there were that many pulsars on the road at anyone time!

as ever the pro class produced some interesting highlights, most noteably about half a dozen driveshafts decided to go awol on numerous motors for what ever reason but these were soon sorted, although why do they try and badge it all as 'street legal' cars cos the only ones that you could consider for that would be the fensport ones, its not like the dukes skyline could be driven down the shops and back is it!!

Attachments

Last edited:

neil240z

was a good day and like you said mate there were lots of R´s fastest gtir i saw go down did a 12.7, was a white one.

my mate managed a 12.4 @ 114 in his evo 5 :)

stayed until the end so i could watch the jet car go down for a 3rd time, i want a jet car! :D

Neil

T

tro||

boucherie said:
its not like the dukes skyline could be driven down the shops and back is it!!
well if the shops were only 400metres away you'd get there in no time :lol:

boucherie

true, but then youd need another few hundred metres to stop the bl00dy thing, so maybe the shops should be bout 700m away!!!!

J

Jack Bauer

tomble said:
Is that 65+ gtir's from this forum? or are you including the other, lesser forums.

Tom
I think there were actually alot more than 65 in total TBH.... There were 48 on our stand (Modifiers Club) ... As Boucherie said 14 on the Octane Junkie stand... And I actually saw at least another 6+ dotted on other clubs stands... and on the way our I must have counted another 5+ in the public car park!!

Aimee

Moderators
Staff member
Yeah lee it was a very good turnout for the modifiers - well done.
It was amazing how many Rs there where - i didnt even know which Rs was whos, lol.

Thanks again everyone who joined us on the octanejunkies stand, its just a shame not more people turned up for us but hey ho thats shows for you!

Pictures from us will be up shortly!

Aimee

G

gtircrazy

tomble said:
Is that 65+ gtir's from this forum? or are you including the other, lesser forums.

Tom
Lesser forums hahahahah. Wake up mate....

D

DazBGTIR

boucherie said:
as ever the pro class produced some interesting highlights, most noteably about half a dozen driveshafts decided to go awol on numerous motors for what ever reason but these were soon sorted, although why do they try and badge it all as 'street legal' cars cos the only ones that you could consider for that would be the fensport ones, its not like the dukes skyline could be driven down the shops and back is it!!
Lots of the cars in the "Pro class" are street legal - and used regularly on the road....that's why.

Jun Lemon - I know for a fact that Mick uses this most days.

Rocket Rons R33 - used regularly on the road.

Duke - definitely NOT road legal (but Tim has his 9-second NUR R34 for that).

Several of the Supra's that ran were road legal.

Fensport car - road legal (as you've mentioned).

Obviously there are a few that are non-road legal ... but the owners of those don't even try and pretend they are road legal. There are plenty that are road legal ... granted - alot get fully stripped out for these events - to give them a fighting chance with some of the other machines taking part.

Unfortunately I didn't see the GTI-R stand ... but 65 cars is an impressive turnout - hats off to you guys for that

O

Odin

It was a very good day indeed, I enjoyed watching for a change instead of cuing all day waiting to run, I met loads of people I'd been waiting to meet up with like Kieron and if I must justin666 :roll: :lol: .......

The modimongs did very well and put us to shame :oops: , And not a mong in sight unless you count Frank and Gary lol , I also had the chance to meet the king modifier ;-) , A nice guy but told me I'm still banned :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

I think we probably came the farthest out of anybody having traveled 1300 miles in total in 25 hours :shock: :der: , I'm getting a hotel next time :thumbsup: ...

Rob

Last edited by a moderator:
W

WoOsH

It was a great sight I didnt have much time as I was in one of the many queues of the day waiting to run down the strip. My best run was a 13.1@102mph, but my god did you guys hear and feel the jet car.........? I was near the front of the queue to run down the strip when they started it and it nearly blew my windows out LOL. It then ran a 6 second 1/4 @ 266 mph.

the two queues I waited in while I was there
pic1 the queue for the strip
pic2 the 1hr queue to leave santa pod

Last edited by a moderator:

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
I had a cracking day and was nice to speak to a few new faces, not to mention the one and only thunderpants - greeting me with what I can only say as a typical comment. :roll: :lol: ;-)

Good effort from Ant for sorting out some stand space at such sort notice, hopefully we can organise ourselves better next time.8)

G

gtirben

yeah was behind the jet car in the stand felt it and breathed the fumes! amazed ive got eyebrows! still keep looking and laughing at the video on my phone! anyone else hear the bang when the CRD supra let go?! anyone no what blew?f@!k that was loud!

J

justin666

Thunder God said:
It was a very good day indeed, I enjoyed watching for a change instead of cuing all day waiting to run, I met loads of people I'd been waiting to meet up with like Kieron and if I must justin666 :roll: :lol: .......

Rob
Despite what everyone says, Robs a lovely lad ;-) ;-) :lol: So much so im gonna ask him to join my boyband!!! He's gonna be just like Gary Barlow by the time i have trained him up :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

All in all a good day except for the queue to get in and the bigger queue to get out again!! Jet car as always was awsome to watch but seeing that duke skyline go really impressed me :thumbsup: Then there was Rocket Ronnies 33 which scared the crap outta me when he changed gear and the biggest bang and fire errupted from the exhaust!!!! awsome car :thumbsup:

More than likely my last big meet in the R and i am gonna miss it. I would have liked to have run on the day but knowing my luck it probably would have gone out with a BANG...Literally!!!

Nice one guys.

J.

antgtir

Many thanks to all that turned up, appologies for the location of our stand but unfortunately we had it organised for the whole weekend and so it was placed in the club camping section, note to self for next time.

Anyway, was great to see all the R's lined up, well done to Rob, Mic and Bruce for making the perilous drive from the highlands to the south, i bet the heat was unbearable in the end:lol:

Just for everyone's info, we have sorted out a Rolling Road day for the N/W section, all are welcome to either run or just support the club. For details pm Andy (Mr GTiR).

I hope we can get a good turnout for the next meeting / event as it does make a world of difference when there are more than just the usual suspects turning up.

There where some very nice vehicles out there, didnt get to see all of them but the ones i did where very nice.

Well done to those who ran on the strip, glad to see you got home lol:lol: :lol:

Till the next time.

Ant.8)