is this ecu chipped?

steve963

just bought "chipped ECU" of ebay

looking inside only diff I can see is the chip has red sellotape stuck on top of it.

under the tape appears to be the std JECS chip (A12 IIRC)

can this be a chipped ECU?

steve963

its just the same as a std one apart from 2 strips or red tape which covered one of the chips, iv removed them now

olliecast

for them to access a daughterboard they must have a small connector soldered over on the back.
I`m pretty sure the standard chip is not re writeable

gtireric

he is the guy who ripped me off with my pulsar. told me it was a forge engine and all other uprated parts. ive had it 4 months now and spent a fortune on it and its still not running right. biggest pile of shite ive ever bought mate. he is a rip off little shit. if he didnt live so far away i would of took the car and rammed it up his arse. you were ripped off mate..

olliecast

That's unreal!
How much did he sell it for?

If its been through ebay then atleast you may have some comeback

Ollie

gtireric

it was up for 1800 but i swapped him a classic scooby in good condition with mot and tax. i love pulsars but he deffo had my pants down and smacked my arse.

steve963

make this thread a warning then to all

heres some pics of my std ecu anyway (taken em now so might as well put em up)

gonna proper flame him on ebay via feedback!!

and the red tape

gtir_pimp

contact him and ask for your money back. and say what the fcuk give him the idea it was chipped. id be interested to see what excuse he uses unless he doesnt reply and does a runner! how much did you pay?

olliecast

your lucky its not 150 quids worth mate, lol.

I`d be tempted to keep it as a spare for that price.

"out of my car that blew up" - fills me with confidence when buying something engine related.

Still not the point though as it isn`t chipped.

Cheers,
ollie

steve963

yeah i know it didnt cost a fortune (people are selling these for >£150 non chipped?? how does that work!)

might use it to practise my soldering skills when I get nistune

still gonna give him some shit though lol

should I start a warning thread? stating his name as the title

olliecast

yeah i know it didnt cost a fortune (people are selling these for >£150 non chipped?? how does that work!)

might use it to practise my soldering skills when I get nistune

still gonna give him some shit though lol

should I start a warning thread? stating his name as the title
i`d definately be having words with him.

I run nistune and 100% recommend it. I link in my lm-1 aswell.

Really good bit of kit, easy to fit and tune.

Cheers,
ollie

gtir_pimp

they go for all sorts on ebay, but are very cheap on here. seen them go for as cheap as £10. if you need one look on here. fusion ed will give you an ecu with nistune board and map it for you for around £300! which will always be a hell of alot better than a chipped ecu