Is it time to rebuild?

KF79GTIR

Right it definatly doesnt look good from those results, if it is no3 that has gone take a tourch out with you pop the bonnet start the car let it run for a couple of mins pull the dipstick out an inch or so and rev the engine & if you see smoke pour out the hole its bad news fella.

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
massive det caused by unlimited boost, the electrodes would have melted and been blown out the exhaust.

Do a leak down test and hope for the best

My guess is that you have cooked your pistons

Steve

KF79GTIR

benp said:
Hm, check the dipstick. Ok, Ill take a look at it in a few minutes here.

Yeah when your rings blow the compresion is lost and goes down into the sump and the gasses vent off and one of the vent is the dipstick hole.

Shaun

The car wont run right with 6's in either as they are too hotter grade and will more than likely suffer blow out on boost.Get some 7's in atleast and see what it runs like then.

Keira

thats one damn fine picture 8)....

did the mong of the month award idea ever take off ? if so, we have this months winner :lol:

P

pulsarboby

those compression readings are very low!
as mr pudney said above, you have detted and probably damaged pistons and or ringlands, plus where the earth electrodes have melted, they have probably left nice little scores down your bores and may indeed still be wedged in there.

think your engines on borrowed time and tbh its only a matter of time before it calls it a day! rebuild time has come lol

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Did you do the compression test on a cold engine? It should be done hot.

Also you need 7s if standard or 8s if running about 1bar, different again if you're running more.

B

benp

Well i guess im gonna pick up a motor here in Canada, and slowly build the melted one up. While I have the motor out I wanna to the flywheel and clutch, and maybe put a quaife. What would you guys suggest for a clutch, the plans for the next spring is to running around 400bhp. Whats gonna be the best clutch for that hp range.

KF79GTIR

benp said:
Well i guess im gonna pick up a motor here in Canada, and slowly build the melted one up. While I have the motor out I wanna to the flywheel and clutch, and maybe put a quaife. What would you guys suggest for a clutch, the plans for the next spring is to running around 400bhp. Whats gonna be the best clutch for that hp range.

Do a search mate that question has been asked 100's of time did you try what i said last night?

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
diesel weasel said:
thats one damn fine picture 8)....

did the mong of the month award idea ever take off ? if so, we have this months winner :lol:

I'm thinking off arranging a similar monthly award!! You of course being the first winner!! :lol:

Studlife

i ran heat range 6's for about a week till my 7's got here from japan the car ran fine just very warm it would still hit boost but i didnt do it much, ....any idea where your looking to your next engine for?

B

benp

Yes I called Jdm Source today in Calgary they have a few gtir sr20's and are getting more tommorow. I'll most likely pic one up from them.

O

Odin

RishiGTiR said:
I'm thinking off arranging a similar monthly award!! You of course being the first winner!! :lol:

Stop trying to nick all my good idea's loser :doh: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

I was on about this weeks ago ;-) .

Rob

B

benp

Ok so I haven't redone the compression test yet, but the car runs fine. Not as much power as before could that be because of the wrong plugs. Im thinking most likely cause of low compression, but the car doesn't burn any visible oil and no smoke from the dipstick. Is it wishfull thinking or is this motor most likely toast?