intercooler

1ad1

I currently have a forge frontmount but want to replace it with a intercooler that will fit behind my standard bumper with no cutting.
Any suggestions?

EVOBAD

yes change it for the pace intercooler kit or just make up a few new brackets & fit it couple of inches closer to rad

1ad1

To see how other people have done it without cutting anything. is that ok with you?

NME_RR

If you have over 8 foot of intercooling pipework like on many cheap after market kits, namely FORGE, ect there is going to be major spool lag due to the prolonged time to pressurise the pipes and intercooler,

GTIR-LOZ

er the forge kit is not cheap......

norris designs one looks the best for shortest pipework imo

1ad1

My uncle made my pipework, its made from food grade stainless steel. it only uses 3 silicone bends on the whole kit and runs past the rad, rather than up under the inner wings like most kits do.

As for norris designs i wouldn't line his pocket, the bloke is a complete w****r. he used to look after my car when he first started his business up. The bigger the company got the more shoddy the work did, a lot less care taken. we eventually fell out when i fitted a brand new rad then took the car to him for a uprated actuator and he managed to damage a lot of the fins on the rad. When i questioned him he didn't care, no offer of a replacement or even try and straighten them. after ringing him trying to resolve the issue a couple of days later he put the phone down on me.
what a nice bloke.

1ad1

Evo cooler sounds good, i dont like the sound of removing a fan. off to ebay i go.
cheers.

NME_RR

er the forge kit is not cheap......

norris designs one looks the best for shortest pipework imo
So your saying its good to have over 8 foot of induction, with over 20 litres of induction/intercooler to fill, , (oh the throttle response)

For a start the banks- in/out of the forge kits are opposite's like most crap intercoolers, Also they are no where near the output of the turbo or the inlet of the plenum,

By "cheap" i mean they just used any old intercooler and threw loads of pipe work at it and called it a kit, , thats what i call cheap, ,

sorry if your wallet doesnt stretch to custom built intercoolers:der:, ,

NME_RR

Also!! With such kits you maf will be reading untrue values until you hit stable boost which means you cars are all running super rich just when you don't want it!!