inlet now off what other parts should i replace

woolley

now the inlets off with a few hours work and my first attempt lol what other parts should i be thinking about replacing whilst i have a chance as i dont wana be doing this again , the main water hose with the spring in it was split would it be best to get a nissan one or order the samco hose set, may aswell change the oil and filter whats the best to go for when choosing an oil filter

bob the builder

you can get your filter and oil from a motor factors. as geoff says get a nissan one they are as good as anything else

as for not doing this again, you must be joking.lol
expect to be doing this kind of thing on a regular basis. if not with breakdowns then with upgrades.
i have had my r for about year and a half and have had the engine out more times than i can remember. but thats why i love it. always something to keep you busy.

Braveheart

How was the car running priot to the big strip-down. You may want to check the condition of the distributor cap, rotor arm and HT leads. Maybe the plugs are due to be replaced as well.... dificult to tell not knowing the service history and condition. Nissan for general quality service parts... You will get something very similar from a motor factors and that tends to be called blue print.

woolley

so nissan hoses are just as good as samco ya think ? or do ya mean the oil filter ? lol cant gt over how the engines are so compact and difficult to work on , y bracket is now in the bin !