Inlet Manifold

B

Batch21

Hi All,

Just wondering whether there are any smaller inlet manifolds than the stardard pulsar one, meaning any reduction in physical size say with some performance ones? I'm putting the engine into a smaller bay any with the inlet the size that it is currently i will have to cut away some bulkhead which isn't an enjoyable position to be in!

Thanks guys

B

Batch21

Micra K10, half in atm, mounts are sorted and fueling etc etc

A

AJ4

probably better to use 200sx inlet runners and convert it to a single throttle body.

B

Batch21

how much of a size difference could i expect and any loss in power, i would imagine the single TB would be less efficient than the 4 b-fly's?

thanks for the advice, it's a great help.

p.s. would the change cause any wiring issues or complexities with the MAF and/or ecu monitoring (i.e. sensors etc)?

A

AJ4

single throttle better for high end power, quads better for low end torque. Throttle position sensor on the single should be the same ( if its a Nissan such as a Z32 or Q45 ) or may need very minor adjustment.

B

Batch21

size difference? bearing in mind from the very edge of the inlet to the very edge of the turbo (vertical cross-section) if looking down on the engine the Pulsar engine size is 25 inches (ish) and i already have a Prim GT engine in there (with no room to spare!) which is 20 Inches.

Obviously with a bit of metal bashig we can probably get another 2-3 inches out of the bulkhead but those extra two inches might be the difference between having no heating in the winter and having about the only luxury a micra K10 has (internal heater!!)

A

AJ4

If you go with a single throttle body, you can make up any runners you like, ie, use 90 degree bends and put the plenum away from the bulkhead ;)

The intake runner length is determined by where you want peak power / torque to be. You might decide you want bigger diameter and shorter for high power etc or longer for better torque, depends on what you intend to do with the engine.

Seems like you have a perfect opportunity now to decide on what you want rather than have a 'standard' manifold and be stuck with 'standard' performance ;):D

Last edited by a moderator: