IGNITION NOISE AFTER REMOVING KEY ???

M

madcabbie

Hi guys,

I was trying to take out my dash to replase some broke centre vents when i stuck 2 problems.

The first was i wasn't sure if the dash will come complete away with the centre vents left in. I ask this because i noticed i cable running to the dash fresh air knob beside the vents. You know, the one that u move up and down. I didn't want to pull too hard incase i broke something.

The second problem was that after fiddling with only the dash surround, i started to get a buzzing noise. I first thought i had activated my alarm. But it stopped when i put the key in and turned it to auxillary (how ever you spell that). When i removed the key or turned the key to the off position it would start again, till the alarm sounded.

but

if I closed my door with the key out it the buzzing stops.

I can still activate and de-activate the alarm, but when i open the door , buzz buzz buzz again till i put the key in and turn to auxillary or close the door.

the alarm place told me soulds like an ignition problem, the car thinks the key may still be in the ignition but not removed, even though it is.

Anyone struck a faulty ignition switch like this before? Problem isthe alarm place is 400klm away. :x My warrenty will cover ignition problems, just trying to make sure it is this and not the alarm first.

Not sure you romoving the dash could have affected it, unless i knocked something near the ignition, but i got no idea where to look first.

any help would be apprecitate.

moved to problem..zia

M

madcabbie

Ok, Got the alarm and the buzzing noise sorted.

But still like some advise regarding the centre dash air vents.

Do they stay attatched when removing the dash? And the cable attatched, does it have to be disconnected somehow?

ashills

when u pull the trim forward there are a pair of screws at opposite corners u need to undo these and the vents stay with the dash
they are difficult to get to i use a pair of pliers and a screw driver bit out of a cordless drill

geetee

Get your head in the driver's footwell and look behind the centre console of the dash - u'll see the far end of that cable is retained by a little metal spring clip... you can just release it and dunplug it from the little white plastic arm it moves... and off you go :)

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
crazycabbie said:

I can still activate and de-activate the alarm, but when i open the door , buzz buzz buzz again till i put the key in and turn to auxillary or close the door.
Did you have the lights on by any chance?

You can undo the cable on the vents at the top, but you need a right angled screw driver and it's abit fiddly.

M

madcabbie

Fast Guy said:
crazycabbie said:

Did you have the lights on by any chance?

You can undo the cable on the vents at the top, but you need a right angled screw driver and it's abit fiddly.
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
:oops: :oops: :roll:
I found out after that i had knocked the lights on. The thing that got me thinking it was the alarm was that ir made the same buzzing noise the alarm did before i turned the key. And the alarm then when off. So it may be linked somehow.

But gave it a charge and got the code for alarm and shes off and running again. thank god. cause i got only code (which i had misplaced) and instalation places needs car to get code from it. I now got the code in like 4 spots...lol

And thanks regarding the cable. I could see it when i started to pull the dash out. So i should be able to flickit...or if unsuccessfull i will try undoing the screws. Thats a good idea about the pliers and drill bit. I wouldn't have thought of that. Mine should fit in a socket set adaptor which would make it easier too.

Thanks guys.

Rock on