I need major advice guys.

DRC

Hi there i have been following this site for some time now. I must say it has helped me so so much.

Right to the point.
We have just finished building a nice little gti-r, it has taken such a lot of blood, sweat, tears and money to finish. the spec is as follows..........................

new engine block , oil pump , water pump, timing chain, fuel filter new dizzy and leads, coil ect.. and nearly all engine bolts( head , bottom end ect), all new gaskets and little bits. rebuilt gearbox (shot peined, new bearings ect..)

the head has had extensive porting work done to it and has been profesionally setup(correct clearences) . it has kent stage 2 cams, hks ajustable pullies, hks valve springs. HKS forged pistons,hks 2.0mm head gasket, hks? bottom end bearings. lightened, balanced crank, fidanza ally flywheel, the exhust manifold has been ported. stage 4 turbo with a 1bar actuator (rollerbearings ect. the company said it was good up to 400bhp). frontmounted intercooler ,power flow/ mongoose full exhust, KN, air con totally removed, cold air feed, dump valve, iridum plugs, ap racing clutch(dog in traffic).ported inlet manifold, new wishbones with poly flex bushes nismo shocks and springs , big (285mm?) break kit(the one that leaves a nice ring or rust) ebc green pads. errr i think thats it. plus theres a stereo and subbs ect.....and other styling bits but who cares about that? lol. im sure i have left somethings out but anyway!

There are no ajustments/modifications to anything eletrical im not sure what to do next so any advice would be greatful. im beding it in as we speak.the gear box has me asking questions as it has very short ratios and has a short shift. not sure if the dakar box was different. it drinks petrol like a sod but i think i can live with this. it idles all over the place(setup?). i must say it drives nice and pulls strong but im not going to open it up yet. i really need a good mechanic to look over my car and set it up (so anyone fancy making some xmas cash?). do u guys know of anyone around (silly question really) im in leicester. cheers for all your help so far and fingers crossed it can continue. any questions please feel free to contact me.
P.S im a poor student too. :( HELP I WANT TO GET BITTEN BY THE R BUG

I

Innovate Performance

what engine management you running and boost control as that would be useful to know. :wink:

DRC

its all stock mate. nothing has been touched. any suggestons?
factory fitted ecu ect..

Tony

if you`ve had lots of head work done then its prob dumping loads of fuel in there and running rich mabe the fuel and running probs your having!!!!

you will need it set up with a better computer i would have thort but i guess its fine if youre running it in!!!! better than under fueling eh!

Tony....

DRC

mattygti-r
ok i thought something along those lines. correct i have a stock fuelpump to. not good. any ideas on costs? cheers

I

Innovate Performance

You need some kind of management system (piggy back, Power FC or stand alone) and a boost control system, then have it set up, mapped and you should fly. :D

There are various different types you can use, just depends on you budget and what you want it to do.

I

Innovate Performance

Fuel pump, go for a walbro you can get them for around £80-£90.

mattygti-r

im there on friday sorting out jimmys car :lol:

stu its just a case of getting everythign done at the same time,

fuel pump/boost etc,

not even that sure what i want out ofthe car yet :lol:

Dooie Pop Pop

mattygti-r said:
im there on friday sorting out jimmys car :lol:

holding jimmy' s hand?
stu its just a case of getting everythign done at the same time,

walkin, breathing aaand talking :lol:

fuel pump/boost etc,

yeah yeah yeah :roll:

not even that sure what i want out ofthe car yet :lol:
i shudder to think :shock: a more convincing lead over a mini possibly??(cringes at reply)

mattygti-r

:lol: dont kow mate, last time i spoke to Jo she said you got done by a Mini S and you run near on 290bhp whats goiong on there? :lol: :lol: :wink:

JIMMYBACK

mattygti-r said:
:lol: dont kow mate, last time i spoke to Jo she said you got done by a Mini S and you run near on 290bhp whats goiong on there? :lol: :lol: :wink:
:shock: :oops: :oops: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

A

Anonymous

when you start porting, install forged pistons and fmic, airfiler and exhaust etc you are changing the characteristics of the engine, your standard ECU was programmed for a standard engine, you will see all the benfits once you get the thing tuned properly now. like what other replies have said, aftermarket ECU or piggy back is your best bet.

DRC

Thanks lads, some usefull tips there. now i have new direction. all i have to do now is get my hands on cash.
right so are there any tuners in the midlands that can set these ecus up? i need more advice........

anyone got any cheap parts? ecu, boost controlers, fuel pumps anything...?

those EBC pads arnt that bad. what are the best then? standard form?

mattygti-r

DRC youve a pm in reply to yours :)

the greenstuffs trust me arent great! :lol: Mintex are good

check yoru pm fella :)