i am getting a new clutch ,,info please

A

Angus.mac

hi there every one i hope uz can help me out cause i dont no what to buy

i got told to buy a HKS twin plate clutch.

let me no cheers

hear is sume pic

Last edited by a moderator:
O

Odin

What sort of power are you running ?, Because unless your running 450-500 bhp their will be no need for that thing.

Their is a few single plate clutches around now that will hold 450+ ft lb's of torque for a lot less money than that thing would cost you.

Rob

A

Angus.mac

i am running 1.1bar

Odin said:
What sort of power are you running ?, Because unless your running 450-500 bhp their will be no need for that thing.

Their is a few single plate clutches around now that will hold 450+ ft lb's of torque for a lot less money than that thing would cost you.

Rob
i am going to try and get it to abut 390 400 bhp
so i am looking for a good clutch
do u now any good clutchs out thar buddy

GTiR_Mic

I bought the RPS Paddle clutch mate for £350 and it will handle 550lb and it id more than enough for me and Im aiming for 400bhp.

Mic

O

Odin

As Mic said the RPS clutch is plenty man enough for your needs or you might try the Spec 6 paddle clutch I was using for my own 400 bhp car, That coped very well indeed and is like new after 4000 miles of use.

I've just removed it while I get my engine rebuilt, And I was offered a twin plate super clutch for a very good price so am going to try that and keep the spec clutch as a back up.

Rob

Last edited by a moderator:

Lionel

The clutch for the job is the RPS Max Streer will take 470ft.lb ,iv had one in my R for ages now and its never let me down.

top clutch

gunmetalgtir

I'd stay away from the RPS street max, I had one and caused nothing but problems due to it being faulty!! The company that supplied it were worse than the clutch! I'm still waiting on a reply to my letter I sent them and my clutch back!!

bawsack

Selling Up..
all depends on what power you going for/ how much you wanna spend?

ive got os geiken twin plate clutch as my hks one didnt last me too long.