how much oil with cooler

Godzilla

hey all just ordered an 13row oil cooler to be top mounted and ust wondering how much oil i will need to add , thanks

olliecast

i put in about 0.5 litres more than usual ,then went for a steady drive to warm up the oil and get the thermostat to open, then checked the oil after that and filled to normal level. that was on a 17 row

ollie

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
hey all just ordered an 13row oil cooler to be top mounted and ust wondering how much oil i will need to add , thanks
An extra 0.7ltrs was added when I installed my oilcooler

Try 0.5ltrs 1st and then add to suit

Godzilla

thanks guys i no stupid question but how much oil shoul be there in first place as i dont know how much capacity it holds

Godzilla

anyone tell me how much oil i should be buying when doing a oil change as i dont have the handbook and cant find it anywere dont want to come up short ,thanks

warringtonjack

anyone tell me how much oil i should be buying when doing a oil change as i dont have the handbook and cant find it anywere dont want to come up short ,thanks
I think a standard oil change plus the extra for the cooler will come to around the 5l mark. So I'd get a 5l and an extra 1l bottle, should be safe with that.

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
I've never had to put more than 5ltrs in my car before and that’s with the oil cooler.

You could have another litre standing by, but I doubt you'd need it!