How many miles to run in my new helix organic clutch?

A

Anonymous

Got it back on Wed from my local tunner and he said at least 500miles, without boosting too much :shock: , i only do 6,500miles per year in the R so 500 miles is going to take ages, anyway i just decided to give it a launch :oops: and boy does it grip :lol: , it's like you've got more boost. holding me back in my seat, anyway i've just been driving everywhere only got 280miles to go, then it's lauch time again.
at times it's also hard getting it into gear, have to put foot right down to floor, is this okay?

O

Olly

After 500 miles check the free play at top of clutch pedal (dead travel) you may need the pedal adjusted to get more leverage to depress clutch properly, easy job, the adjustable bit is at the top of the pedal. :wink:

Mr GTiR

For the people who have Helix Organic cliutches, how are they to live with and for doing launches?

I have been keeping an eye out on clutch thread as mine need doing ver very soon as it's slipping like a bitch.

Should be doing it after xmas. Would you recomend getting the full kit?

ta
Andy

J

J-GTi-R

No real point in doing the clutch if you don't get everything (cover, plate and bearing).

Mine seems pretty good, I've launched it a few times on 0.9 bar and it grips well (got loads of wheelspin the first time, but it was wet and cold outside). It does seem to change feel depending on how you're driving though, which is a bit odd.

P

Phil_d74

I have had my Helix clutch for 18 months and it hasn't slipped at all, the car is running 1.1 bar and gets a good thrashing regularly :lol:

I think mine was run in for about half an hour!!!! I was gentle on it for a while but the car doesn't like being driven like a ponce :roll:

A

Anonymous

I was gentle on it for a while but the car doesn't like being driven like a ponce
yeah your right i've now got around 300km till its run in but at times iam like fcuk it right foot right down to the floor full boost :twisted: