How economical are pulsars?

antgtir

gunmetalgtir said:
Eh? Did you not just say you had a starlet mate? It's a Pulsar that I've got! Oh and I wouldn't swap it for a Toymota :doh: :lol:
The other way round matey:lol: ;-)

Ant.

B

butch1234

i must have some thing wrong with my r all ive got on it is a hks mushroom filter 1 bar of boost and a bov at the moment and im lucky if i can get 190 miles on a full tank and thats with out booting it

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
20 litres of V-power, 39 miles out of fuel = 8.89mpg

That’s how good they are ;-)

...but in eco mode, I can get 300 miles to a tank at 70-80mph off boost motorway driving (if very carefull)

Last edited:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
gunmetalgtir said:
So if you drove foot to the floor for 60 miles it wouldn't cost you around £25? Remember petrol is over £1 a litre.
You'd probably blow your engine:p You'd be at top speed after 30secs or so and then another 59miles at top speed/full load/high revs etc.:thumbsup:

CanadianR

In Canada, Driving like a **** I get 275 kms/tank. Foot to the floor at all times.

Driving normally usually gets around 375 kms, 400 if lucky.
Highway driving = 500 kms/tank.

Tank costs $50 CAD to fill from empty.

Mr GTiR

How the hell do people get over 200 miles out of a tank? Feck me side ways but 300 miles out of a tank is impossiable!

I'm lucky to get 150 / 160 miles out of mine. If i drive with no boost on the motorway i may get about 180 miles :thumbsup:

olliecast

Mr GTiR said:
How the hell do people get over 200 miles out of a tank? Feck me side ways but 300 miles out of a tank is impossiable!

I'm lucky to get 150 / 160 miles out of mine. If i drive with no boost on the motorway i may get about 180 miles :thumbsup:
amen to that brother!!!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :shock: :oops:

gtir bean

£20 gets me 100 miles of normal driving on country roads with the odd bit of foot to the floor.i would say thats bloody good for the performance you get.

samgtir

However i drive i get 250km on a full tank, reading some of thease post is worrying me 300 mile on a full tank!! how??????

Mr GTiR

When i had stock injectors at a push i could get 180 - 200 miles. But now i have 700cc's i'm lucky to get 150 - 160 miles to a full tank!

Sam_M

£20 gets me around 120miles and thats giving it beans now and again, I dont think its too bad actually. Little bit of town driving and alot of country roads, Vpower is my fuel of choice as I definately get a few more miles to the tank aswell. Damm good cars!!!!

ashills

i used to get well over 200 on my first car when it was running 700s etc and the evo had 1000s and did well over 200 to a full tank on a run the injectors shoudl have naff all to do with the fuel economy unless the ecu etc cant truely handle them
must have a dodgy map on there andy lol and a heavy foot

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
After 5 years and 25,000 odd miles I have no idea how many miles I get to the gallon and quite frankly I don't care I just put more juice in when I need to, I got caught out once though, needle in the red and still managed to get 40+ miles out of her (720 injectors) to the next station

why consider buying a gas guzzler and worry about just how thirsty it is :der:

if your worried about economy, I can recommend a Smart car, £35 year to tax it, sod all to insure and only £14 to fill it up and the bloody thing does about 80 million miles to the gallon :-D

neil240z

Mr GTiR said:

i go with yoda chan there, I drove from Macc to Watford with gtirpulsar about 7 years ago 180 miles and the tank was bone dry after filling to the brim and mostly sensible driving, though Kev drove home and got 3 points for speeding, DOH!!

Neil

antgtir

neil240z said:
i go with yoda chan there, I drove from Macc to Watford with gtirpulsar about 7 years ago 180 miles and the tank was bone dry after filling to the brim and mostly sensible driving, though Kev drove home and got 3 points for speeding, DOH!!

Neil
Lol, i was just about to say with Kev driving and you following you will have had no choice but to right foot the hell out of the R to keep up with him:lol: spirited isn't the word:lol: :thumbsup:

Must just be that some drivers and their R's are better than others:p ;-) :lol:

How are things Neil?

Ant.

O

Odin

I used to get 90 miles to a full tank in my old close ratio box Pulsar :shock: :shock: :shock: .

Rob

P

pulsarboby

my cars never been on the road long enough to work out mpg lol

its definately the most economical car ive ever owned only ever filled it up twice in two years, beat that!