How can I take the Door Strips off, and can you buy new ones

paz

Hi all,

Pretty quick question. The black plasticy looking door-strips on the front doors of the R, what are they, how can I get them off, can I buy replacements as mine are looking slightly tired and has anyone tried this before... if so, what did it look like once you'd done?

Cheers

Paz

ki_saj_ng

hey,

yes i think they just peel off, be careful to.

u can buy almost everything new so i guess u could but best bet is to get them re-spayed to match ur car. this ur best option, will look 8)

warringtonjack

LOL, prolly easier for Paz to paint the R black to match the strip, than try and paint the strip to match his car!! :lol:

Oh, and that R definiteley doesnt have a flip mate. :wink:

paz

warringtonjack said:
LOL, prolly easier for Paz to paint the R black to match the strip, than try and paint the strip to match his car!! :lol:

Oh, and that R definiteley doesnt have a flip mate. :wink:
:lol: I told you, its pearlescent not a flip :( :evil: :roll: ;)

I like the black detailing on the car, would just like to replace all the parts that look their age such as this strip, any plastics, window seals and rubbers etc.

Basically I'd like to restore the car - even if it has had a respray :)

paz

M

Mr Overboooost

to get them off all you need is a paint scraper pushed down behind them and then they come off easy

cheers
gary

paz

gtir.spares said:
to get them off all you need is a paint scraper pushed down behind them and then they come off easy

cheers
gary
Cheers Gary.

Any ideas on costs for replacements and how they fit, are they just stick on items?

Also do you supply OE nissan bits such as the window seals etc, if so I'll sort out a list of parts I'm after?

Cheers

Paz

M

Mr Overboooost

paz said:
gtir.spares said:

cheers
gary
Cheers Gary.

Any ideas on costs for replacements and how they fit, are they just stick on items?

Also do you supply OE nissan bits such as the window seals etc, if so I'll sort out a list of parts I'm after?

Cheers

Paz

paz you have pm :D

cheers
gary

T

Toady

there is also a locating hole for them which means there will be a hole in your door. :)

paz

Toady said:
there is also a locating hole for them which means there will be a hole in your door. :)
Cheers Toady, I do actually want to out them back on, just replace them to make them look in better condition :D I've got the bug I think :roll: :oops: :lol: :shock: :(

Paz

A

ard1ey

If you want them shiny black, you could always get them painted up :?: Depends on whether they've just faded or have had lumps knocked out of them :(

G

GAZ P

If you want to buy new beware they cost a fortune, £60 for the door £45 quater panel & £20 for the tiny one on the front wing :cry: .Just getting my R resprayed at the mo & got quoted on loads of trim parts & they aint cheep :x .

paz

GAZ P said:
If you want to buy new beware they cost a fortune, £60 for the door £45 quater panel & £20 for the tiny one on the front wing :cry: .Just getting my R resprayed at the mo & got quoted on loads of trim parts & they aint cheep :x .
:shock: £60 for a sticker?

Maybe I should splash out on those Max power limitedf edition gold ones after all :lol: ;) :(

Paz