Hondata anyone?

Sonic-jdm

Is there anyone on here that has installed a hondata ECU in there nissan pulsar?
Only reason I'm asking is I'm into my hondas and run them on hondata s300.
So I have acquired a lot of honda parts overtime ie wiring looms etc etc.....

just want to check I have all the parts here to do it. That will save me from spending more money on another ECU.

thansk

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Most people use Nistune, which is our version of Hondata
This. - Do they make a Hondata product that can run a Nissan?
I had a quick look at the website and it's only b- and k- series engines so I assume it relies on proprietary hardware.

Sonic-jdm

You have to rewire your harness to suit and get a 92-95 obd1 distributor so it seems.
have a scroll down to comment #32 looks like people are doing it.
Honda ECU on an SR20
I put a honda Accord type R engine in my Civic EG and converted the engine from obd2 to obd1 just buy rewiring the harness to suit running hondata s300.
i have two obd1 civic looms and spare distributors just laying around in my garage so if I can put this to use that would be great.
what I'm thinking is cut the obd1 plug off the civic loom and use both pin out diagrams to rewire to suit. Humm.... Need more info to be 100% sure tho.

Sonic-jdm

TDI north where my sponsors last year in TimeAttack. I'm due to pop down there soon anyway but wanted to find abit more info first before I have a chat with Paul.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Without reading all of that it seems like a lot of effort just to use a Honda ECU when there are other 3rd party offerings available that are plug-and-play.

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
Sounds like a difficult way to do it. TDI would know, I borrowed there rolling road to set my car up. Nice people.

Can't you sell on your hondata and get something else?

The Doc

Moderators
Staff member
There is a vvl engine car running 567hp fusion have just mapped running hondata and a hoda distributor, the owner is on here.