hmmm turbo??

ukR

hi ya. im new to this site n was wondering if any one could help me.. i recently bought my R off my older bro, its a well looked after sunny gti-r. (uk spec) , ive had some work done ti it few months back but ive just noticed smoke comin from the exhaust when i take it out of gear while moving. i think its the turbo thats on its way out. just wana no if im right or not..

cheers

whytie

Yeah chances are it's the turbo, take of the pipe on the air intake and check for movement.

shroom

What colour is the smoke is it a lot, if it is a bluish colour then it may be the turbo oil seals do what whytie says n you can't go far wrong

ukR

cool cheers mate.. yeah its bluish n sometimes there is alot n on the odd occasion just a puff.. changing gear or coming to a complete stop.

shroom

I think sometimes with the oil seals and my basic knowlege of what goes wrong is when you come off boost it pushes the oil out through the seals so you get the push if you lift of the throttle or change gear, blue is the colour of the oil burning

red reading

unless the smoke becomes heavy and thick,the car start's making funny noises and losing power or it starts eating oil i would'nt worry. These cars are a bit worn now (i don't know any history about your car) and things like valve guide's are a bit worn vlave stem oil seal's go hard over time etc etc. just drive it and keep an eye on the oil level.