HKS SSQBV

LeeSmith

i have a hks dump valve and i have been told it is possible to change the noise that it makes - i heard 2 things:

1. You can change something inside (the purple bit) to a different one
2. Adjust the Screw on the back

What is true and what could I do?

Cheers!!!

Mr GTiR

waste of money chaninging the tips IMO

i have heard it does not make that much difference.

The amount of boost that you are running will determine the noise it make. Much better to have turbo chatter as it sounds the bollox 8)

E

Edd

Mr GTiR said:
The amount of boost that you are running will determine the noise it make. Much better to have turbo chatter as it sounds the bollox 8)
or external astegate chatter :wink:

mattygti-r

what i meant was, its true that u can change the fins and that its suppost to make a difference, however clearly the amount o fboost ur running makes a hell of a difference too

oh and external wastegate mmmm :wink:

LeeSmith

i dont know if there has been any internal work done to the engine - how could i find out without stripping it - or is that a silly question?

the previous owner didn't do any engine work - but he did take the 3" custom exhaust off and bin it cos it had a hole in it DOH!! and took the uprated suspension off cos it was too hard to drive on the road (it was setup as a track car in japan)......the exhaust was binned :shock: and suspension was sold :cry:

jameswrx2

Changing inserts in the SSQV does make a difference to the sound..

All depends on what you have in there at the moment. Purple sounds pretty much like without an insert in put higher pitched more traditional dump sound, silver and or gold are a completely different sound when compared to purple. Silver or gold give a whistley sort of chirpy sound on release.

LeeSmith

ok i'll have a look but i think i have a purple one in their atr the minute - Thanks very much = does anyone know where i can get the inserts from??? oh and how much they are?

jameswrx2

Sumo Power for inserts, circa £8 from memory.

If you have purple get silver, much different to what you have at the moment and my personal favourite.

SSQV's are pretty quiet BOV's with purple insert in, even quieter and more boring with no insert. Silver is good, loud and different.

hmmm

got their website...?

i have the purple thingy and thought it was quite loud...if the silver one is louder and only £8..i want one! :lol:

LeeSmith

jameswrx2 said:
SSQV's are pretty quiet BOV's with purple insert in, even quieter and more boring with no insert. Silver is good, loud and different.
Really? My one goes right through me even with the windows up!!! But I love it though! It sometimes makes me jump where it's so loud!!

Cheers for the info James - i'll get on that site and get me a silver one :twisted: