HKS GTRS turbo: direct fit or not?????

Jobi Joba

I have just received a quotation from Checkerflag and Teruo (guy from Checker) tells me that the GTRS is designed to be direct fit on Silvia S13 and that some adapation may be required before fitting it on a GTIR...I thought the only thing to do before fitting it on our 'Rs was to rotate the compressor housing??? [B)]

Am I wrong??? [?]

currently buiding a near 400bhp beast... My goal?Mid 11' at 1/4 mile...

A

Anonymous

The gtrs uses a internal wastegate. Once you clock the compressor housing, that as well changes so new holes have to be tapped in order for the wastegate to be mounted in the correct position. If you do order the GTRS, check if the flapper door opens as there was an incident in which there was a small weld that kept the flapper shut from HKS and the motor over boosted and the turbo bearings died.

Just buy it dude and then you can be the guinea pig. :lol:

I reckon it shouldn't be to much of a problem iv heard of other people having to fab up new wastegate actuator mounts (for gt28's) and it doesnt sound that difficult.

As for the internal gate being welded up from the hks factory that sounds weird!?!? Maybe it was secondhand??
Although i have heard hks will do any mod you want if your willing to pay the cash so maybe they did weld it up for someone wanting to run external gate (ie. they cocked up??).

cmng

GTRS for silvia spec will not bolt on.
you need to rotate the compressor housing

GTRS for Skyline RB26DETT spec will bolt on GTiR nicely
i think no modification at all

This information based on Power Engineering Turbo where the actuator is bolted on the housing itself
only GTR spec is bolt on nicely without rotate the housing to fit the actuator

Jobi Joba

cmng said:
GTRS for silvia spec will not bolt on.
you need to rotate the compressor housing

GTRS for Skyline RB26DETT spec will bolt on GTiR nicely
i think no modification at all

This information based on Power Engineering Turbo where the actuator is bolted on the housing itself
only GTR spec is bolt on nicely without rotate the housing to fit the actuator
You mean I need to order a GTRS designed for a RB26DETT?

Jobi Joba

Actualy,if the only difference is the position of the comp housing,it won't be a problem...both (RB26 and Silvia) should be easy to fit...
Right?

(don't really want to be the guinea pig...)

cmng

i think depend on how the actuator bolted on the compressor housing.

i check it not a issue to rotate HKS GT2535 series even for silvia or GTR type
but no idea on GT RS.