HKS CAMS

G

Gainspeed

just wondered if anybody knows..... if i fit hks cams on the standard pulleys on the standard timing marks, should i adjust the ignition timing? or are they genuine direct fit? if i do have to adjust it.. what should i set it to?....... i know to get the best from them ill have to get verniers and set them up that way but id like to get them in now...or should i just wait? :?

J

jiw

when fitting performance cams on a couple of other engines i have found the timing to be a mile out due to the dizzy slot not being at the factory position, mind you that was on kent cams, best get it checked mate, may benefit from a rr setup, jeff

G

Gainspeed

when fitting performance cams on a couple of other engines i have found the timing to be a mile out due to the dizzy slot not being at the factory position,
cheers jeff........funnily enough iv had this problem aswell :? thats why i wondered if it would need adjusting...
on a slightly differant note regarding the shims....
what should the clearances be?.....and at what point on the cam cycle do i check the clearances?
any help much appreciated 8)

nismoboy

well it does depend on what cams ur fitting but on the hks 264`s they are just a straight swap(thats what hiteq told me) no need for reshimming and standard timing marks are to be used.

J

jiw

standard cam timing marks are to be used, ignition timing will be different, the chances of not needing to buy shims will be similar to hitting the jackpot on the lottery :shock:

G

Gainspeed

:? so does anybody know what the shim clearences should be then so i can check them??