Hit Rev Limitter - Car now missing, Running on 3.

Dooie Pop Pop

id rather pop the rocker than bend valves:D i keep asking myself wtf would i be doing that im bouncing off the limiter all the time? im not a d1 contestant:lol:

£30 posted to anyone brave enough to defy the logic posted by the Peoples Choice..........

:lol:

J

jpward

Dooie Pop Pop said:
id rather pop the rocker than bend valves:D i keep asking myself wtf would i be doing that im bouncing off the limiter all the time? im not a d1 contestant:lol:

£30 posted to anyone brave enough to defy the logic posted by the Peoples Choice..........

:lol:
Well of the two I seen first hand one had 4 bent valves and the other just broken/missing guide shim nither had the stopper kit both of which was result of 4(th) in to 1(st) which as everyone know's does not go :lol: :lol:

Dooie Pop Pop

jpward said:
Well of the two I seen first hand one had 4 bent valves and the other just broken/missing guide shim nither had the stopper kit both of which was result of 4(th) in to 1(st) which as everyone know's does not go :lol: :lol:

:shock: :shock: :shock: if i poked it into first from fourth id expect it to seriously damage something even with a stopper kit :lol: how fast was he going in mph?

gtirx2

jpward said:
Woops :oops: did'nt look at it yet as not fitting for a few days going to have a peak tomorrow

Look like this bit?

Thats the bit,looks like it fits right there:? is that a s14 head or gtir?
Maybe i am wrong but i am sure mine would not fit with out a bit of modding?

J

jpward

Dooie Pop Pop said:
:shock: :shock: :shock: if i poked it into first from fourth id expect it to seriously damage something even with a stopper kit :lol: how fast was he going in mph?
Dont quite remember the full details now i was busy laughing my ass off at the time my mate borrowed his brothers car without his permission and then rang me looking parts in a wild panic :lol:

Wonder what ever happened to that R was sold a few weeks later his brother probably still doesnt know!

@ Gtirx2 thats a SX head if you look at the PAGE of the photo shows this had to be cut as the original tail end of it curved round were the bracket would be should be easily done.

gtirx2

When i did it on two cylinders the valves just touched the pistons altho very lightly.I could of got away with putting every thing back together and it would of proberly run ok[bar the missing shim in the sump]but when i took the head off to regrind all the valves in to be sure they where ok 2 of them were very very slightly bent,you would not have been able to tell by eye very well it only became clear when you started to grind them in,so in the end i just changed the complete head as that head had other issues anyhow.
I also threw a single rocker years backs on a different engine and that was due to a chipped ecu with a fuel cut that i did'nt know about.
Many people blame different thing for thowing rockers from worn out valve springs to worn valve guides etc,but i think the main thing is when you shim the head make sure the clearences are even under the cam lobe and don't slope to one side or other exspecialy the side with the shim with the sides on as it puts more strain on the sides of that shim and the upright bit snaps of and then before you know it the rocker has fallen off and focked your cams.

P

pulsarboby

Micra Ed said:
Goto say the experiences in that thread make perfect sense. I've been in a car when this happens, and I doubt rocker stoppers would have made any odds. (shim broke)

so in that case why are you trying to flog yours for £50 to other members, if you know that they are no good???

Fusion Ed

gtirx2 said:
Many people blame different thing for thowing rockers from worn out valve springs to worn valve guides etc,but i think the main thing is when you shim the head make sure the clearences are even under the cam lobe and don't slope to one side or other exspecialy the side with the shim with the sides on as it puts more strain on the sides of that shim and the upright bit snaps of and then before you know it the rocker has fallen off and focked your cams.
Good point that, and possibly exactly why this one broke, IIRC it had not evenly worn, and at that point was a bit tappy too.