high water temp???

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
I have a typical temp gauge. It goes up to temp and then never moves, even when it goes from 81 to 94, so it's as much use as a chocolate teapot.
Mine seems to work well; most days it goes up to "normal" and sits there. On a really hot day stuck in traffic it will push a little higher, but seeing as I don't believe I've got any cooling issues it doesn't ever go above about 3/4. - Incidentally it needs to get pretty hot before my fans kick in; I used to think they were broken until one of those days when the gauge got past half and I actually saw them spinning. So not seeing them come on doesn't mean they're broken, just that the ECU doesn't think it needs them.

Tim

The only time I've seen the temp gauge rise is on track with a 1300 sunny rad fitted and a badly bled coolant system, touch wood.

gtir350

You have two coolant temp sensors
1st is for the ecu , for control fueling and the fans, this is the 2 pins plug
2nd just goes to the gauge, 1 pin spade plug.

If the incorrect temp sensor is fitted for the gauge cluster you have then the gauge will always read high,

Looks like the sensor / temp gauge design was changed a some point.

Also its not a temp gauge, its just cold / normal / hot

Spikey

Nothing on the Engine. As it come straight out of my old one. Just new shell. But one wire was bridged right to center plug which i cut out as a i never needed this mod in the past. But did not know what it was. Might be that?
Ill have a look. if it was not plugged in it prob would not read at all?

Spikey

Just checked and it all seems connected. Think ill just ditch the std rad ang get and Aftermarket. see if that hepls

Spikey

Interesting I just asked the Fella i bought the bare shell off and he said, he had the same fault and thought it was over heating. So its not the Engine or clocks as they are out of another car.
Can we Narrow it down?

Spikey

No it a K reg Phase II
My Engine is from a phase I But had to get clocks from a phase II
So where do i go from here?