high oil temp

Animaldaz

Probably because water tends to condensate in catch cans then mix with the oil, shouldnt worry about it if its only in there.

nismo-400R

yeh its only in there,anyone got a spare set of gauges the ones showing oil,boost,pressure i can borrow to see if mine are faulty

nismo-400R

i tested my stock oil temp gauge today,i took the wire off and put a earth to it,put the igntion on and the gauges went off the scale,does that mean my gauge is faulty guys or is that what its ment to do??

Last edited:

nismo-400R

is the water temp and oil temp sender the same one ones?for instance it doesnt matta if i use the water temp for the oil temp sender?

geoff pine

nismo-400R said:
are you sure mate?because it used to kick in at 80-85c before i had this oil temp problem
mine have all ways kicked in at around 90/94c with an after market gauge, but i will read the manual to see what it says? The ga engine fans come on at 82-88c th sr engine gives no temperature so it could be as you say it looks like i may have to move my after market sensor to the return pipe.

Last edited:

nismo-400R

is the oil temp linked to the fans aswell?as in theyll kick in when oil is up to temp?also i think my fan doesnt go off when it comes on like it did before

youngsyp

nismo-400R said:
It's linked but, only in the very loosest sense...
The stock oil cooler is cooled by the engine coolant. So, the oil's heat is controlled by the engine coolant. When the oil is hotter, the coolant temp will go up slightly and so, may start the radiator fans quicker....

Hope that makes sense.

Paul

nismo-400R

kind of does,but like my fan doesnt start to work till it gets to 90-95c on the oil temp gauge,where as before they started at 80-85c on the oil temp gauge and thats with my 16row front mount oil cooler,could it be my cooler sandwhich plate thermostat not working?its bin on there for around 3years now

youngsyp

nismo-400R said:
kind of does,but like my fan doesnt start to work till it gets to 90-95c on the oil temp gauge,where as before they started at 80-85c on the oil temp gauge and thats with my 16row front mount oil cooler,could it be my cooler sandwhich plate thermostat not working?its bin on there for around 3years now
I'd say it's more likely that the gauge sensor is flaky. The oil pressure and oil temp gauges are known to be very.......... variable on the GTiRs and I certainly wouldn't use that as a measure of what your water temperature is doing.

You can easily check if the oil stat on the oil cooler is working properly. Just go for a drive, get the car up to temperature and then leave the car stationary for a few minutes. If the core gets warm/hot, it's working as it should be.

Paul