High impedance vs low impedance injectors.

RO_SUNNY

Hi guys / gals

I was wondering:
-can we use high impedance injectors on our cars?
-what size does the injectors need to be to get let's say 400 bhp with and GT3071 and standard internals?

Note:
I have a Nistune ECU.

Thanks,

Bogdan

skiddusmarkus

People always say you can't.I don't knwo the difference between the 2 though tbh.You'd need 600-700cc injectors for 400bhp, 700's would be better though.

geoff pine

Hi guys / gals

I was wondering:
-can we use high impedance injectors on our cars?
-what size does the injectors need to be to get let's say 400 bhp with and GT3071 and standard internals?

Note:
I have a Nistune ECU.

Thanks,

Bogdan
I would say no i have read an article! i will fined it and post it up latter it says that high impedance are nowhere as good or reliable as low impedance which are used for high end tuning so it would be a backward step.

warpspeed

yes you can use high impedance but as said before low impedance are better.
low impedance are easier to understand when you called them their common name 'peak and hold', the ecu injector driver uses a high current to open the injectors quickly then drops the current to just hold them open which is why their more reliable.
pulsars have a resistor pack so as the injector drivers don't see a high current and burn out the drivers.

MarkTurbo

Why do you want to use high impedance injectors? It's not as if low impedance injectors are hard to get hold of!