Hi Spec 300mm Vs Ap Racing 295mm

MINESGTIR

I can buy Hi-Spec 300mm 4 pot brakes for £950 to my door (suitable for 16")

I can buy AP Racing 295mm 4pot for £989.

what would you go for and why.

youngsyp

I'd go for the AP set up. Not only do they have the pedigree but, you should be able to get hold of them and spares very easily, along with a huge range of pads and pad compounds.

Hi Spec are legendary for their poor customer service and long waiting times for delivery !

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
MINESGTIR said:
I can buy Hi-Spec 300mm 4 pot brakes for £950 to my door (suitable for 16")

I can buy AP Racing 295mm 4pot for £989.

what would you go for and why.

Where are you getting the AP's for that price? Are they new?

Rishi

Keira

youngsyp said:
Hi Spec are legendary for their poor customer service and long waiting times for delivery !
i actually got my big rears from somewhere fooking miles away over hi spec which was only 6 miles away from me for that very reason

youngsyp

diesel weasel said:
i actually got my big rears from somewhere fooking miles away over hi spec which was only 6 miles away from me for that very reason
I've not seen a good report or a satisfied customer from them yet. In fact, I'm still very surprised they're still in business. I guess someone is buying their kits ?!

O

Odin

MINESGTIR said:
the AP are designed to fit 15" wheels. i have 16".
this will not be a problem will it ?

BOTH ARE NEW KITS

No if they fit 15" wheels then you wont have any problems with your 16" 's .

Rob

rossdj1983

youngsyp said:
I'd go for the AP set up. Not only do they have the pedigree but, you should be able to get hold of them and spares very easily, along with a huge range of pads and pad compounds.

id have to disagree, their service to me has been top notch, everytime ive needed bits and pieces theve always come up trumps:thumbsup:

stumo

Odin said:
No if they fit 15" wheels then you wont have any problems with your 16" 's .

Rob
DUMBASS, there will too big a gap around the disc, it won't look bling enough.:der:

The noobs are bad enough but you'd have thought the old gits would know stuff like that.:doh:

O

Odin

stumo said:
DUMBASS, there will too big a gap around the disc, it won't look bling enough.:der:

The noobs are bad enough but you'd have thought the old gits would know stuff like that.:doh:

:doh: I forgot to take the chav factor into account :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Rob

O

Odin

MINESGTIR said:
stumo you do come out with some shit.

thanks for the help rob
You're welcome buddy :thumbsup: , I totally agree with your Stumo comment as well :lol: , The liquid stuff just dribbles out of him non stop :doh: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:.

Rob

Last edited by a moderator:
O

Odin

gunmetalgtir said:
stumo, what's that a picture of in your Avatar? A close up of your ass or looking down on a toilet bowl? :lol:

No it's a close up of his mouth just after he wiped it clean :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Rob