Hesitation under acceleration???

ram5ay

My UK spec R has a slight hesitation/stutter when accelerating up through the revs. This seems to occur just as the engine starts to come on to boost, whether driven hard or not.
Allthough my nissan owners manual quotes 95 ron unleaded as fine I have been running on Optimax as this seems to have reduced the hesitation.
If anyone has had a similar problem and has any tips i would be gratefull. :?

A

Anonymous

I can see your next problem being something todo with blue smoke then :wink:

ram5ay

Car had a full nissan service history up until i got it 9 months ago.
I changed the dizzy cap a week or so after got the car, and fitted pfr7 plugs instead of the nissan recomended pfr6's, I also checked the Ign timing was set at 20 deg, as recomended in the handbook. There was no sign of the plug leads arcing out.
All of this helped a bit but the hesitation is still there. I changed the fuel filter last week as the old one was choked, but this didn't make any difference.
No fault codes are stored in ECU either, so im a bit stuck.
:?

ram5ay

Plugs are gapped standard, i think it was 0.8mm when i fitted them, and the cars runing 0.7 bar. It's got a clean HKS panel filter in it.
Is it possible for the fuel pressure regulator to pick up lazily? It drives fine once boost starts to build, it just seems to be the changeover point between off boost and on boost acceleration???
I was thinking fuelling prob because the hesitation is reduced with optimax over regular unleaded.