Help with Bleeding up the clutch

R

ryan_george

After eventually getting my 'r up and running i decided its time to do all the other niggly bits that need doing before i can drive it.
When trying to bleed up the clutch it doesn't ever seem to want to start taking fluid. I'm getting a small dribble out when pumping the pedal but next to nothing.
The car has been standing for a while and i wondered if the master cyclinder could do with a seal replacement kit. I can't feel and fluid on the clutch pedal though, could it be a pinched hose?
Any ideas where i'm able to get a new seal kit and a rough price,
I got a price of £53 + vat for a new clutch master cylinder though.

Cheer sin advance

J

justin666

If your going to go through the ball ache that is taking the master cylinder out then its easier and quicker to just replace the whole unit and be done with it :thumbsup: Also worth changing the Slave cylinder aswell if its still got the original one on there.

As for the bleeding problem, It could be a kinked pipe round the back of the engine :shock: That will be a tart to change if it is!! OR, It could well be that it is your cylinders are indeed fooked and need replacing.

J.

R

ryan_george

well i'm taking the inlet off anyway to sort out the main vacuum to the servo from the inlet, forgot to fit it when i refitted the inlet, think i might need that to drive it too...
Any ideas on a place to get the slave and master cylinders from and a price?

youngsyp

ryan_george said:
Any ideas on a place to get the slave and master cylinders from and a price?
Nissan will be the only place you can get them from. You could try www.mjpauto.com as they're supposed to be quite cheap ?!

As for prices, you already have the Master cylinder cost and I think the slave cylinder is around £49 from the dealers ?!

You might want to try and source a steel braided clutch hose too. I got mine from a guy on here a few years ago. Not sure if he's still around but, it transformed the clutch peddle action and feel for me (my OE hose was leaking too !) !

R

ryan_george

cheers for that, i'll give that some thought.
anybody know about where to get the hoses from?