HELP!!!!!!!!!! MY RADS LEAKING!!!!!!!!!!!!

A

Anonymous

I have noticed that water is leaking out the top of my rad. Was gonna just get it repaired but, someone has said that when that happens - 99% means the head gasket has gone!

Hope not, is that true!! :shock:

M

MORRISMINOR GTI-R

no, it means your radiator is leaking :roll: :wink:

A

Anonymous

yeah but there has to be a reason why its happened.
The top plastic bit of the rad has come away from the ali, all the temperature gauges are fine. I haven't really drove it since i noticed it last night!!

M

MORRISMINOR GTI-R

that is where they are sealed hence the reason why its leaking from there. What type of rad cap is on the car? as an uprated one would cause the cooling system to run at a higher pressure. Its a simple fact that radiators can and do leak in time. I know a company that re-seals rads up.

i think the reason there saying the head gasket has gone is this will (or can ) cause a pressure build up in the colling system.
Does the system build up alot of pressure ????????(water firing out of the rad when u take the cap off)

A

Anonymous

Yeah it is leaking from were they join. I have rang around for some companys that do rad repairs in my area but i don't want to get it repaired and then it goes again cause the head needs attention.
I believe the cap is a normal one.

I'll have to check it tonight and see how it runs

M

MORRISMINOR GTI-R

just get it re-sealed mate trust me :wink: you would know about it if your head gaskey was gone

J

J-GTi-R

As Morris is saying, it's just the seal between the core and end tank that's gone. A bit of a common problem. Not that easy to seal, as the plastic end tank is crimped on, but a new one isn't expensive.

M

MORRISMINOR GTI-R

yep :wink: i know a guy who does recons for £100 cash

A

Anonymous

i only noticed it last night and i haven't drove it since.
It hasn't overheated. i will let it tick over tonight and see what it does.
I got a price from nissan for a new rad and they want £186 + VAT!!!

O

Odin

MORRISMINOR GTI-R said:
yep :wink: i know a guy who does recons for £100 cash
You can get a new replacement rad from Sales@AbsoluteRadiator.com that has twice the cooling of you standard rad for about £100 dilivered fromthe states, mail them asking for Vince as he's sorting my new alloy 55mm rad out for me. The rad will be a direct fit with no mods needed at
all just make sure your getting a 91-99 B13 sentra rad :wink: .

I hope this helps you out matey.

rob

M

MORRISMINOR GTI-R

deffo helps me 8) whats the delivery time on these?

O

Odin

MORRISMINOR GTI-R said:
deffo helps me 8) whats the delivery time on these?
I think it's up to 14 day's but I'm not 100% sure.

The only problem I found was a way to pay as they don't take visa, So you might have to do a moneygram which will cost an extra £24 :cry: .

I changed my paypal account to get it varified(sp) so I payed by that in the end and it's free 8) :wink: .

rob

G

Glyn

Hi all, My rad did exact the same thing, I got a rad for a Primera 2.0 from a scrapper £25 It's thicker and taller but slots under slam panel and fans are easy to re-fit, just a thought. :)

M

MORRISMINOR GTI-R

Glyn said:
Hi all, My rad did exact the same thing, I got a rad for a Primera 2.0 from a scrapper £25 It's thicker and taller but slots under slam panel and fans are easy to re-fit, just a thought. :)
8)

A

Anonymous

Just to let you all know, i bought a almera 2.0 radiator from a breakers on Friday and have driven round all weekend and everything seems fine!

Thank you all for your help! I'm pleased a didn't go out and buy a new head gasket etc...

Cheers guys