Help, my heaters don't work

Mr GTiR

Yep it's done it now since summer.

Usually when it gets hot it get really really hot but now it's not even warm :( When i turn the heater onto cold the temp does not change and put it onto hot and still the same.

The little light still comes on to indicate where on the temp range it should be set to but no hot air :cry:

I have had the air con removed if this makes a difference?

Could i have a knackard heater control unit or is my heater matrix unit fukced? suggestions please as it's getting dam cold now!

zia

the heater knob contol the flaps on the intake vent looking underneath the vent turn the knob you should hear the flap moving? if they don,t move check that the rest of climate control switch work. it could be faulty switch or something more serious check also your fuses for ventilation and heating.

zia

J

jasegould

Check the pipes going into the heater matrix are both hot (2 x pipes that go through the bulkhead) if one is hot and the other warm it shows trhat water is going through the matrix,and check that something is happening when you operate the controls, then Id try replacing the thermostat....although a faulty thermostat usually causes luke warm air and makes the engine take longer to heat up rather than no hot air atall.

S

Sunny Nutter

you have checked your coolant level I assume?
how hot does the engine run......? Normal?
when you removed the aircon did you have to drain down the coolant?
it may be airlocked!
there is a bleed plug along one of the coolant pipes!

A

AZ STE

Andy,
Check like jase said the two pipes going inthrough should be hot.Ive just fixed this problem on my Golf the return back into the engine compartment had a non return valve so the water will only travel in one direction through the heater matrix,the heater matrix which was plastic had broken and blocked the valve.There should be a bypass pipe linking the supply and return heater matrix so that not all the water has to flow through the matrix try blocking this off.