help me pls!

ki_saj_ng

probably not related but this happened to mine once while i was out, had to tow the fucker home, would not start.

the next day, the bastard ticked over like it should.

definately flooded!

saj

Dooie Pop Pop

mattygti-r said:
stu you listing to this :lol:

ta
yeah, see you when iv finished work. you are gonna learn to take bits off yourself even if it kills you :lol:

do you have any spanners? sockets? :roll: it' ll probably start anyway :wink:

B

Brett G

Hey Matty I had exactly the same the other day and I new that everything was fine before that.... I thought it was flooded too so I just got my mates transit van on the job with a heavy set of jump leads, I then just turned her over with him revving the van up for a good minute or so before she started to fire, one by one the cylinders started to want to go until it was running on 2 to 3 cylinders... slowly but surely all the cylinders went and the cars been fine ever since!!! Probably not in the manual but it worked for me :wink:
P.s. I was pumping the throttle every now and then which did seem to help!?? :roll:

Brett

J

Jonny H

As i said dude just whack your spare leads back in too see if that cures the problem! Let us know though! 8)

mattygti-r

Jonny H said:
As i said dude just whack your spare leads back in too see if that cures the problem! Let us know though! 8)
ta Brett mate will have to sort out a mini meet too

oh and will try , :)

stu should be here soon so fingers crossed :wink:
ta jon

Davey

Same prob as I've got, Ive got fuel, a spark, and it wont go.
Holding the throttle at 60% (according to the avcr), it just about starts, but ticks over at 500rpm, and stalls if you give it more or less throttle.
Seems to be flooding, but dont know why :roll:
Let us know what fix's your's mate :wink:
Can you really put your plugs in the oven? :shock: , will holding them over a lighter do the trick, or will that just coat them in more carbon?

Dooie Pop Pop

fixed :roll: :lol: left on charge R-R for 5 mins, with matty revving mine to 2k rpm tried to start it without throttle, coughed and died :( tried again with part throttle and it fired straight away :D then we noticed he slightly noisey exaust...bracket that attaches goose to front e' mount has torn away at the weld :shock: completely

was wondering if the weight of the goose is what did the tubby gasket in :? or at least contributed. an old car of mine busted the front pipe after a mount went :cry:

have to point out i got my tea 20+ mins after my arrival from work this is clearly not good enough and wont happen again :wink:

thanks for the gasket matt :D

stu

J

Jonny H

Glad to hear its all sorted dude!! Bit of a bummer about the zorst mount though!! Still, 1bar is yet again in reach!! :twisted: :wink:

JIMMYBACK

maybe i got it all wrong on how matty drives by the sound of it hes a real speed demon :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :lol: :lol:

Dooie Pop Pop

JIMMYBACK B said:
maybe i got it all wrong on how matty drives by the sound of it hes a real speed demon :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :lol: :lol:
:wink: steve carter is merciless mate, heel and toe type of guy :twisted: