Help Help Help Help

O

Odin

Mike202020 said:
Do the Front Diff, Transfer Box & Gear Box use the 75/90?

What is best for Rear Diff?

Any idea on volumes needed and best place to purchase Millers Oils?

I'd run for cover if I was you buddy :shock: :roll: .

Rob :lol: :lol: :lol:

M

Mike202020

Thunder God said:
I'd run for cover if I was you buddy :shock: :roll: .

Rob :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'll take the flames if need be. I'm not being lazy or purposely stupid (I don't think)

I was quite happy when Mr GTiR said.....

"Engine oil - Millars 10/60

Transfer oils - Millars 75/90

Diff oils - Millars 75/90"

But then got confused with another post......

" Rear diff uses different oil to that of the front/transfer and gear box."

I've searched for oil volumes for diffs etc, but haven't found anything . Is it possible to search for a sting eg "Diff Oil", and not have it return all posts with "Diff" and "Oil" separately?

And was just enquiring if there was a best place to buy Millers while I was posting.

Ok.......braced for it!. :behindsofa:

Last edited by a moderator:
O

Odin

To be honest mate I thought that the rear diff used the same oil, And thats what I've put in mine redline 75/90..........

After all if I was running a front LSD which is an option I'd still be using 75/90.

Rob

youngsyp

As Rob has said, the gearbox, transfer box and rear diff all use the same oil. This should be a 75w/90 viscosity like the Redline or Silkolene Syn 5 !

M

Mike202020

Thanks gents.

Now, volumes.......from searching I've got.....

Gearbox = 4.5 L
Rear Diff = 1L
Transfer Box = 1.5L

Any advance on these?

I've not looked under, or seen a manual yet, but I'm assuming these are the only transmission bits needing oil? Am I right in thinking front diff uses oil from Trans Box, and Center Diff from gearbox?

Mr GTiR

Mike202020 said:
I've not looked under, or seen a manual yet, but I'm assuming these are the only transmission bits needing oil? Am I right in thinking front diff uses oil from Trans Box, and Center Diff from gearbox?
Correct and volumes look about right.

I stand corrected then on the issue of the rear diff. I was told by someone that the rear diff uses a different oil compared to the front and transfer box. He said it uses a LSD oil?

I've not had to touch the rear diff yet so was uncertain.

P

pulsarboby

:shock: appologies kindly accepted for making me look a chump please mr gtir. peeps already think im a junkie nutterwhos a bit dim!:lol: :thumbsup: