help help!!! engine run crap

O

oz_R_Jr

Hey guys im in ozz .2 weeks ago, i did a little road trip in my R! only had it for 4 weeks. one way was about 370 kms in distance. the roads were flat! one little range half in the trip! went like a little ripper! :lol: . UNTIL!!!! :cry: yeah 90kms out of town i was heading to ! my Gti-r sitting on 100kms/hr. it did abit of a kangaroo!!! and the tacho droped and when back up! and running like a new one again! after that. i sh#t my pants!!!! :shock: .

i kept on driving! all at gauges were all ok!! felt fine! than 20km's out! the R hangarooed again this time not once but! crazy! i sh#t my plants again. :( . the tacho was bounceing around! it was running really bad! and the check engine came on! and i pulled over straight away!!!! Scard as 10 pm on the drak road lol.

ran up dad. (im only 19) hey said "to stop. 10min kool it down and try to start it again". did that. and started up like normal! than 10 min latter did it again. "light""run badly but didnt stall". wait for 10min. and only got like 2 mins down the road did it again! stoped like 8 times before i got to the town. :oops:

next day i started it up! fan fine. but on the back of the car was alot of black! and one the way homee. it was day time! it did the same trick!! but started about half way through the trip! when it kangrooed and the check engine like comes on(ran rough)!! it blows heaps off black smoke!!
i stops about 30 times. and didnt matter how long i stoped! i stoped for 45min once and i only got as far as i did if i stoped for 10mins.

please help! if you can
im too scard to drive it back down! because of this..

i check the plugs, leads cap, arm. coil had abit of powder on the contact. i clean it all up!! but i dont know if this has fixed it!

did a fult check! it ok

What makes the check engine light come on!???

i been driving it around town before and after this trip was fine!!!

i dont know whats going on! :?

if this has happen or you might have some ideas what it could be!!
it would be great to hear from you!!
thanks

O

oz_R_Jr

when the check engine light came on and ran badly! i could drive it! but it would bounce around on the road! soo i tryed it on boost. The kangarooing would go but still fuel smoke out the tip! light still on! but it pulled like normal. than backed off and it would kangaroo again! only did this for 1km. i was too scard to break anything. :oops:

any ideas?????

T

Tart

Run a fault code check (how to in the sticky at the top of the probs section). Also check the MAF is connected properly and also the wiring block on the front of the engine under the boost solenoid.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Sounds like the maf connection.

If the check light came on, I'm surprised the fault check didn't store a code.

Do the fault check next time it does it and see what comes up.

O

Olly

Doddgy MAF connection or a dodgy boost pipe sucking in air after the MAF sensor, when i blew mine off my forge she smoked a goodun black like diesel. But then she choked up fast. funny though. :lol: 8)

O

oz_R_Jr

yeah i did a fault code check on the side of the road!! with i bit of wire.
and nothing!!!

i got the car home and put it on the scan tool!! and no codes. tork the maf
conector off! than ran bad. and set a code in history.

its like it only does it when it gets really hot like could it be the coil gettin to hot or something like that??

how it kangaroos and the check engine like comes and run rough.
is that safe mode??? i dont know

antgtir

Sounds like you just reset the car instead of reading the code.

Did you read the code after you reset the car?? This may be the reason why it didnt show you anything.

I would try cleaning up the maf connector and make sure that it is well secured, if you do this then its one thing that can be ticked off the list before you start searching for other possibilities.

Ant.

zia

is it getting det when hot? do you still have top mount? correct grade of plugs?

zia