HEAVY clutch!

C

chris-b

hi all, just put deposit down on my new R, and the one thing i did notice is that the clutch pedal was incredibly heavy and squeaked when deppressed.
now, i have fellt another pulsars clutch and that had a A&P paddle and that was fairly heavy but vey acceptable but htis was a monster!

So, obviously i hav not started to investigateyet, but gotta get sorted straight away ( assoon as i get it!) but any ideas chaps??

Thanks-chris! :D

C

chris-b

lol-i no what i meant
i was just looking @ b&m quick shiftters!

Stevo

mine does the above i need to put coppr grease on the thrust bearing am,
but ur car may need a new clutch slave what colour if the clutch fuild?? if brown or black then the slave seals have gone its easy to change and cost bout 50.00.

C

chris-b

slave cylinder-easy to change? thats a gearbox out job!
??????

E

Edd

chris-b said:
slave cylinder-easy to change? thats a gearbox out job!
??????
its bolted on top of the gearbox,takes about 10 minutes to change :roll: :wink: :p

C

chris-b

oh thats handy, thought they were fitted onto input shaft of box-cool!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

C

chris-b

one last q!
once i got the slave out of the way, can you reach in the hole and smear abit of grease around input shaft and bearing??!?!?!?
just a bit of copper or ali grease?

thanks for your help lads! 8)

Websnowbo

You'll get a pretty picture paint brush in there, but not even a lil kiddies hand will go in the hole.

But as I say, get a long handled brush and paint some on. Cant see that being the reason though. Reckon its got an aftermarket clutch in it and the squeak is the usual R pedal squeak and the bracket could be on its way out under the dash.

C

chris-b

in the past on other gearboxes ive done, it can make a hell of a difference by puting some grease on the pivots and ends of the fork etc. stops it juddering and makes it ALOT lighter. maybe i could spray some areosol grease like HHS2000 on them-probalby help.
:wink:
so most of the time when its heavy its a slave cylinder? i dont wanna buy it for nothing guys-lol!!!!! :evil: