Head gasket

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
When replacing the headgasket for a metal one should any liquid gasket be used ???.

The manual suggests "Before installing Cylinder Head Gasket apply a continuous bead of liquid gasket to mating surface of cylinder block". Page EM90 Service manual 1.

Would this apply to metal head gaskets ??

Steve

rayman75

i dont think i have ever applied sealent to a new headgasket before i dont know if the R is different. i dont know much about the metal one, i should imagane the metal one will just compress to seal.

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
Yeah thats what I thought and was about to torque the head down, was just looking up the torque figures in the manual and noticed the above.

So now what !!!

C

Connie Paa

I supose you should use the Liquid gasket as well,as the manual says :!: .It will only ensure the seal is as good as possible :wink:. Thats what i'd do anyway :D.

hmmm

stevepudney said:
Yeah thats what I thought and was about to torque the head down, was just looking up the torque figures in the manual and noticed the above.

So now what !!!

May be ring a up a well know tuning company and see what they think and how they have done it in the past? Possibly? Just an idea. :wink:

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
Just to confirm, I have now found out all that is needed is a small pea sized blob of liquid gasket over the joint of the oil pump cover and cylinder block. (Info courtesy of Ian @ Hiteq)