head gasket

nismoboy

can anyone confirm, is the standard head gasket 1.2mm or 1.4mm? and also how much boost can u run on the standard head gasket?

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
Fast Guy said:
I've been told 1.4mm and 1.4bar
Standard Head Gasket is 1.4mm.... as for boost.... 1.7bar is the proven best so far....

Rishi

C

clive760

gasget

RishiGTiR said:
Fast Guy said:
I've been told 1.4mm and 1.4bar
Standard Head Gasket is 1.4mm.... as for boost.... 1.7bar is the proven best so far....

Rishi
AND THEN IT WENT BANG :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

nismoboy

Re: gasget

the reason im asking is ive just found out the when my mechanic rebuilt my engine i bought a nissan gasket kit and a hks head gasket and he was supposed to have used the hks 1.2mm head gasket but annway for some stupid reason he put a new standard nissan head gasket on :x i was planning on running 1.6 bar of boost but now ive just found out im running the standard hg so how much boost can i run now :?: :?:

I dont really wanna have to take the head,turbo off etc and then have to buy new head bolts to fit the hks hg. So what the best thing to do?

JIMMYBACK

nismoboy said:
the reason im asking is ive just found out the when my mechanic rebuilt my engine i bought a nissan gasket kit and a hks head gasket and he was supposed to have used the hks 1.2mm head gasket but annway for some stupid reason he put a new standard nissan head gasket on :x i was planning on running 1.6 bar of boost but now ive just found out im running the standard hg so how much boost can i run now :?: :?:

I dont really wanna have to take the head,turbo off etc and then have to buy new head bolts to fit the hks hg. So what the best thing to do?
take the car back to the "person" :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: who fitted the wrong part n get to fit the right part at his cost of course :wink:

nismoboy

Dooie Pop Pop said:
what happened to the hks hg you gave him :?

ive still got it he gave it back to me, i thought this was the standard one which he did`nt use, but on further inspection it was the hks one :cry:

This was an honest mistake and there no blame on his part.

nismoboy

i was planning on running 1.6 bar of boost but now ive just found out im running the standard hg so how much boost can i run now :?: :?:

any one?

C

clive760

nismoboy said:
AS MUCH AS U WANT BUT IT WILL ALWAYS BE IN YOUR MIND WHEN WILL IT GO BANG BEST 2 GET STEEL SO JOB IS DONE THEN :oops: :oops: 8) :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Do you have the ancillaries to run high boost? If so, then I'd be tempted to put the steel head gasket on. If you only have the standard turbo or standard pistons for example, you could leave the standard gasket on and run low (1.4ish :wink: ) bar as long as you get it set up right either way. The choice is yours :?

nismoboy

Fast Guy said:
Do you have the ancillaries to run high boost? If so, then I'd be tempted to put the steel head gasket on. If you only have the standard turbo or standard pistons for example, you could leave the standard gasket on and run low (1.4ish :wink: ) bar as long as you get it set up right either way. The choice is yours :?
I have forged pistons the lot :wink: and i want to run big boost so i guess its gonna have to be done :cry: thanks guys for the feedback. nis.