have I shafted my engine (yet...)

steve963

Been running 1.2 bar on std engine/box, with walbro, and a wideband AEM

fueling is rich, in the 10`s under full power

knock sensor solenoid is disconnected, due to HKS EVC 4 (hope the ecu receives a signal from it as well to retard ignition timing under DET) please advise... or does it just reduce boost under DET with that solenoid)

Its fast a fook now:twisted: but looked at EVC 4 and it was at 1.3 bar:shock:

been running this for a few days, will me engine be fooked:yuck:

Need to get it setup proper now me thinks:thumbsup:

Mr GTiR

steve963 said:
knock sensor solenoid is disconnected, due to HKS EVC 4 (hope the ecu receives a signal from it as well to retard ignition timing under DET) please advise... or does it just reduce boost under DET with that solenoid
Why does the knock sensor have to be disconnected due to the EVC? :?

To answer your question, the engine will be fine.

steve963

Knock sensors still connected, but solenoid not included, due to my EVC tuberuns (yes new word for dictionary "Tuberuns, to run a tube..."
Just wondered if knock sensor still connected to anything now...

Hope my engine is fine! (hope its first 50K miles were by an 80 year old Japanese woman)

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
:doh::shock: I know, its fecked now

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

It'll be fine. Its your old Nissan boost solenoid that will have been disconnected, not you knock sensor. That would have dropped boost to the 0.5bar at the actuator in the event of det.

Besides, If you're seeing 10's under load then you're lucky its firing let a lone detting.

Just remeber that even a perfectly setup engine can fail after 15 years and upping the boost will always reduce an engine's life.

steve963

yeah but is the knock sensor connected to anything else other than that solenoid?

(All this power is addictive:roll: I NEED MORE HAHAHAHAHAHA)