Has my bottom end gone???

S

Sam P

Thanks alot every 1, i was in the car last night driving around the battery light abd ABS light came on and i think there was smell of rubber and now the noise seems toahave stopped, so im thinking the alternater is nackered

P

pulsarboby

may be the alternator belt has busted, thats why you can smell rubber!!!

S

Sam P

I think it was rubber might have just been paranoid lol.the battery llight has gone back off tho so going to check it all ova tonite down at my old work, because why has the noise suddenly stopped. If the bearing went in the altermnator would it still work

P

pulsarboby

if bearing has gone in alternator the inner winding would short on outer winding, and whack your battery flat in no time at all, as there will be a dead short, even with engine turned off.
but it maybe starting to go! you need to get under bonnet and have a good looky see!

S

Sam P

Aww you no i got those clocks off you last week, the speedo still dont work is ther any other reason why my speedo wont work, but everything else will??? thanks sam

P

pulsarboby

speedo on clocks was fine, as i drove the car back when i bought it!
there must either be a dodgy connection somewhere or your speed sensor in back of gearbox is buggered, and that is a right pig to get at, and they tend to corrode in box, not good news im afraid sam!
best thing to do is advertise your clocks that have been removed, on here or ebay, there is always people after them, and your old clocks must be fine!

nimhbk

Hi Sam

Got my bag of bolts back and its the clutch that's making the noise
so knew clutch it is. which sounded the same as your problem

EVOBAD

like i said when the clutch reales bearing is on the way out it whines so while your doing that u mite as well put a complet unit in

KF79GTIR

nimhbk said:
To Right I CAN GET tHIS tECNICLUTCH OUT NOW, THANK GOD:-D

please say your joking about that clutch or you will be taking it back out a lot sooner than you think and replacing it something that will last you more than a week............