has anyone changed a clutch in a gti-r?

• Thread starter andypulsargti-r
  • Start date
A

andypulsargti-r

am thinkin my clutch needs changin as when warm the gears do not go in easily can sometimes take a firm shove of the gears to go in also crunches a bit whenever going into 5th at over 60mph anyone got any ideas?

Shaun

:D Hi mate,have you checked the gearbox oil level lately :?: When was the last time it was changed :?: How low/high is the clutch bite on the pedal :?: Is there any clutch slip at all :?: Would be worth checking all of the above before you go into the expence of changing the clutch as you might not need to :wink:

A

andypulsargti-r

the clutch bite is pretty low and the clutch is very heavy but i am led to believe all of these cars have 600kg clutches in them i not checked the oil level since ive had it (bout 3 months) how do you check it?

MarkTurbo

Theres a filler plug on the front of the gearbox near the engine mount, undo it and the oil should be level with the hole :wink:

A

andypulsargti-r

nice one thanx mate if it needs toppin up whats the best oil or is normal hgearbox oil ok?

K

kizzyturbo4x4

maybe the master sylinder needs adjustment!!!!
i just spent 3 weeks with :evil: :evil: :evil: to find i just needed a 12mm wrench and everything like new!

the clutch didnt disengage when the engine got hot. it was like it took below the floor and the pedal obviosly couldnt go that low :lol: :lol: