two reconmend a person/tuner who deals in the handling side of the R only

thanks for any help

A

AZ STE

Well you need the Whiteline bits and Powerstation to set it all up

E

Edd

jonee why didn't you ring me and ask me :wink:

For track use i'd suggest some tein coilovers, all of the whiteline braces and full bushes, and pm ashills for some more bushes.

And get Powerstation on Cheltenham to set it all up for you :wink:

E

Edd

Sorry i forgot, Nad here is the track expert; he has competed in loads of events in his R jonee, so best to listen to his advice if i were you :wink:
Afterall Nad's a winner when it comes to trackdays :roll:

G

GTI-R Kid

Edd said:
Sorry i forgot, Nad here is the track expert; he has competed in loads of events in his R jonee, so best to listen to his advice if i were you :wink:
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

E

Edd

None, but i don't go round pretending i know everything, hence the wink :wink:

A

Anonymous

agreed Nads car is quite a runner and can be seen every day on the road and flying around silverstone and brands!!

done a few track days in my old R...

go for some good shocks ( I have got tanabe sustec on mine) anything like GAB or KYB is good. Teins are quite firm edd?? no idea
defo the whteline kit to stiffen up the car,m reduce udnersteer and roll.
put some braces on the car fornt and rear
go for the bump steer kit to reduce understeer and flex

if you really want grip then get some slicks or half slicks as the car will stick like shit to a rug on a track day.

tyres make all the difference when it come sto lapping consistnetly and I noticed a big difference with Pzero half slicks.

Nad

Edd said:
Excuse me where in my post did I state that I know everything about running the car on track :?: Think u need glasses :!: I was making a joke about Tein's cause everyone just assumes they are the best. How many people on here have tried 2 or more sets of coilovers.....I rest my case.

I think u will find even Habib has a view on this about what is best. If ur that bothered about running ur car on track u wouldnt go to a company like Powerstation, as there are companies that are better suited and tooled for cars used for track use.

Go stick that up ur a**e Edd, if u can get past ur cheeks :wink: :lol:

Nad

M

memski

I was making a joke about Tein's cause everyone just assumes they are the best.
I like my Teins :oops:
If ur that bothered about running ur car on track u wouldnt go to a company like Powerstation, as there are companies that are better suited and tooled for cars used for track use.
Hear hear, getting mine fully setup this time round once they go on :wink:

C

caz

:roll: Fook me, its gettin where each person on here things they know bloody everything about the bloody R and no-one else's opinion counts. The bitchin is fuggin rediculous :evil:

Jonee, I've got a pal, who does a lot of work on the North East lads R's. He races an R and uses Tiens with the full whiteline kit. Including the front and rear rollbars and the cusco 4 point lower brace. Probs with quite hard springs. But the kit he uses doesn't cost the earth and has proved devestating in the past few seasons. I think the only track he cannot come first on is Knockhill. And he races against 550bhp cossies :shock:

Obviously the car is set up purely for the track but as I said all the suspension kit is in financial reach of the average wealthy person :wink:

But remember a sorted set of stoppers act as just a much of a bonus on track, and as Standard an R has a lot of adjustment in the chassis.

Hope that helps bud :D

jonee

handling

i thank everyone who has contributed to this question :)
my car runs a full gab setup,and does very well on the track as is.
wat iwas looking for was dedicated suspension/geometry tuner as driving on roads meens that i have to check and adjust the tracking myself every
750 to a 1000 miles.
i just wanted somone i could go to befor the totb3 so i knew that it was spot on and i could give it a fighting chance on the handling circuit.
once again thanks for your answers

skiddusmarkus

There must be plenty of firms round Silverstone that do this sort of thing.I know of a place local to me but it's a long way from Kent and I'd imagine you'd want somewhere fairly easy to get to.

Nad

May I just point out something quickly. He is asking for someone to sort the handling of his car out. He never even said he wanted to purchase lots of stuff and if he did he didnt say he wanted to use his car on track. As proven last weekend KYB Rally shock are about as stiff as u can go if ur a B road bandit, u'll just blow stiffer 2.25" coilovers to bits as the valving is too slow.

Powerstation set up what they think is best. Doesnt mean it always is as it depends what u want ur car to be used for. A road setup is different to a track setup as to how aggresive it is depends on how much u can spend on replacing tyres all the time. Promax deal with the Lancer boys and seem very well thought off. Also I had a names of a company that deals in handling systems and has manufacturers going to them for testing. Will have a look for the name.

Nad

Nad

skiddusmarkus

As proven last weekend KYB Rally shock are about as stiff as u can go if ur a B road bandit, u'll just blow stiffer 2.25" coilovers to bits as the valving is too slow.
Why,what happened last weekend?

M

memski

Rc development have decent setup gear for suspension. I will give them a try once my Teins are refitted for some proper alignment and corner weighting.

jonee

suspension

sorry i didn't tell you wat i use the car for :oops:
it gets used 40% trackdays,50%everyday usage(including the missus wen she steals it)10%top speed runs.
as has been pointed out i do all the work myself i just want the geometery
and weight distribution spot on.
cheers guys

skiddusmarkus

If you're really keen on getting a good setup then coilovers are a must for corner weighting.Try finding out what gear the rally cars ran on tarmac.IES built the engines and may be able to put you in touch with whoever supplied the suspension.Won't be cheap though,I think Evo Grp N stuff costs over £4k.