Hand brake etc

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
So, if I was going to have a try at this, what do I need?
  • A suitable length of new brake line. Copper? What diameter etc, or is it a standard thing?
  • New unions. Are the 11mm ones going to fit if all the existing ones are 10mm?
  • A joiner of some kind? I assume there's a part for this because all the unions are male fittings.
  • Flaring tool. Will a cheap Halfrauds one do?
  • Pipe bender? It doesn't look hard to bend the pipe, but I don't want to knacker it before it's finished by doing poor bends.
  • Piper cutter? Or will a hacksaw do?
At this stage I'm quite inclined ro let a professional have a look, but I don't see how I can get it there with leaky brakes an no tax disc.

geoff pine

Don't use a pipe cutter unless you really know what your doing?? use a hacksaw and make sure the cut is square if you don't make it square when you flare it it will not seal properly .

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
I'm thinking that I should just book it in for an MOT somewhere and let them fail it so that I can legally move the car there... then they can fix it instead of me. You know that I'm just going to use brute force and ignorance, and I suspect that's what damaged the line in the first place.